To The Girl Who Bashed Chester Bennington For Committing Suicide

We as fans "glorify" him because he was an icon. He was an inspiration to millions. His depression does not correlate with his fame.

121
Independent

Upon recent tragic events, our beloved and favorite musician has took his own life. It breaks my heart knowing that an idol I've listened to for years is no longer with us.

Chester Bennington was the lead vocalist for Linkin Park and along with his wonderful music, he had a past- a past that brought him to his final breaths. As a kid, this man was molested by an adult male. It brought him anxiety, depression and a never ending battle in his mind. With this as his influence, he made some of the most heartbreaking songs. If you listen closely to the lyrics, you can hear the pain and the suffering he went through. His music was an outlet, a way to escape until he couldn't bare it any longer. His latest album was a complete change, it was slow paced. If you listened to the words, It was as if Chester was suicidal and through that album, he was crying for help. No one noticed till it was too late.

Recently the Odyssey Facebook page posted an article that bashed Chester Bennington for what he did.

Lesly, what gives you any right to judge someone you don't personally know?

This man was molested as a kid, do you realize what that can do to someone inside? You obviously do not understand what it means to have anxiety, depression, to be suicidal and to want to end the pain so you don't feel anything anymore. How dare you even judge this man because of a disorder. It's not his fault, the depression was just stronger than him. In no way am I condoning suicide, its something I don't wish on anyone to feel. However, you can take this instance to pray for the people who have this disorder instead of bashing them for what goes on in their minds.

Chester had everything that most people could ever want-- a family, support, money, fans, lot's of love and admiration but that doesn't mean you are happy when you suffer from depression. He isn't selfish because he had fans, that's not how that works. Lesly, and whomever else thinks he is selfish, are the most self centered, inconsiderate people of this world. We as fans "glorify" him because he was an icon. He was an inspiration to millions. His depression does not correlate with his fame.

All your article did Lesly, was keep the stigma going and make people afraid to reach out for help. They suffer in silence till they can't take it anymore. All this does is trigger those with mental illnesses and those who have lost loved ones to suicide. It was very disrespectful, inconsiderate, and insensitive. You would think anyone would know that it is completely wrong to bash someone who just died. Show respect and let the family grieve. His children probably wouldn't want some stranger doing that to their deceased father.

Depression kills. Depression is a disorder that many people in life today continue to fight. If you don't know the person, what they went through or what killed them in their inner mind for years, then you have no right to speak on behalf of someone you don't even relate to. He fought and fought for years to stay strong but lost an endless battle that not a lot of people could fight through. This man used his past and put it into his music, he was aching for help through his songs but no one listened till it was too late.

Lesly, before you talk about someone you don't even know, focus on writing something that actually matters.

Chester Bennington, you are one amazing, strong, and loved man. We will all miss you. Your music reached me and millions of others. You help others to continue to fight, to stay on top and we thank you for that.

Rest In Peace Chester Bennington.