school, organization, planning, planner

How To Stay Organized During The School Year

Grab yourself a planner, highlighters, sticky notes, and folders because we are getting organized!

390
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/638/31176549183_bf73c8f373_b.jpg
Flickr

It's that time of year! You might be super excited for the upcoming school year but are stressed out about missing deadlines. I am going to tell you a few things that kept me organized this past semester because I am definitely going to do the same this upcoming semester.

First of all, invest in a big planner. I had a planner that showed the month in whole and then broke it up by week. This allowed me to see all my plans on one page and then put my homework in for each specific day. I would put important deadlines in my calendar and then highlight them according to the class. Not only did it help me remember better, but it was extremely appealing.

Now that I have been over one of the most important things to stay organized; let me remind you about little things. When you are buying new folders and notebooks, make sure to label them on the outside. It is crucial that all of the material you get for a class is placed in the correct folder so it will be easier to find for exams. It would be ideal for your notebooks to be for one subject only, but I am also a big fan of multi-subject books.

Being organized doesn't just have to do with material things though, it also includes your mindset. It is important to remember that being organized takes a lot of effort and dedication.

It might sound easy to write in your planner every day, but it isn't. I motivated myself because I would highlight the different subjects I had homework in. I also was motivated by crossing things off. Each and every one of us is motivated by something, and it is up to you to try things that work for you.

I highly recommend telling people you trust about your goals for each week and anything that is stressing you out. People are more than willing to help and will get you back on your feet. I would let some of my friends know whenever I had an upcoming exam, and they would always send me words of encouragement. This gave me a positive outlook on my day and week, which allowed me to stay more focused.

Lastly, write yourself encouraging notes and put them on your desk. It could be as simple as "Make sure to study for history tomorrow! You got this!" I did this a few times, and it actually reminded me to bring my notes to the library. Find things that will make you excited to check your planner and find satisfaction crossing things off. You can and will do amazing!