3 Positive Affirmations For My Younger Sister That Doubles As My Best Friend

To the person who I have the honor of calling my lifelong best friend.

341

Growing up, we weren't that close and we argued a lot. However, at the end of the day, you are the one person who I know would never turn their back on me and I will forever be grateful to have you in my life. I love watching you grow into the beautiful girl I've known since she was a little human wrapped in a blanket, and this is for you.

We’ve come a long way since you were born

Photo by Jens Johnsson on Unsplash

Before you were born, I was constantly asking mom and dad for a little sister. I wanted someone to play with so I wasn't alone and someone to share mom and dad's love with. Then, when I was four, my constant begging for a younger sister worked and you were brought into the world.

In the past almost 14 years that we've been sisters, we've been through hell. There were also times where we weren't the kindest to each other. However, when it came down to it, we were always there for each other to be a shoulder to lean on.

Recently we've gotten a lot closer and it makes me so happy. I wouldn't take back any drives to Starbucks or Target runs or laughs or any other memory for anything in the world and I can't wait until we can make some more.

It’s your turn

Photo by Max on Unsplash

You're the oldest in the house now. It's your turn to take the role of oldest sister. Make sure to help mom with anything she needs in the house and don't give a hard time. Watch our littlest sister and shower her with all of the love in the world. Make sure that you are staying on top of your studies as well and being a good role model to the little ones. You got this, I believe in you.

I’m so proud of you

Photo by Ali Yahya on Unsplash

I've watched you grow from a tiny baby wrapped like a burrito in the hospital to the smart, beautiful, athletic, and funny girl you are today. Even though I'm away at school, I still love to hear about what you are doing and accomplishing and I can't wait to see you soon!

I love you!