To My Best Friend I Found In An Unexpected Place

"It's strange how we find the best of friends in the most unexpected people." - Aly hunter
139

Dear Best Friend,

I can honestly say that I’m so lucky to have you in my life. Who knew that me popping my head in your dorm room to compliment your room would lead to us being friends, let alone lead to us being as close as we are.

We’ve only been friends for a year, but honestly, it seems like a lot longer than that. And you came at the perfect time whether you know that or not. I had just switched majors and already lost contact with a lot of the people I called my friends during my first semester of college, so I was alone. And then you were there.

To me, it felt like we had been friends for a long time from the start. I was surprised by it, but it was a good thing! I was comfortable confiding in you from the get-go which I have trouble doing when it comes to certain things.

Thank you for knowing how to deal with me when my depression hits. Thank you for reminding that there are other guys out there than the one I tend to get caught up on. Thank you for being there when I need to vent about something that happened.

Thank you for offering advice when I feel confused. Thank you for introducing me to a lot of people I can now call my friends too. Thank you for accepting my weirdness and not judging me.

Just know that I support you 100 percent in all you do. I know you’re going to do great things, and I can’t wait to see them happen for you. Both of us have changed so much this past year, and you’ve been a big part of me having more confidence. We’ve had our ups and downs, but I’m still proud to call you my best friend.

ilysm.