An Open Letter To My Sorority Sisters

An Open Letter To My Sorority Sisters

1183
An Open Letter To My Sorority Sisters
Jessica Fusco

I just wanted to start off by telling you how much I love you all. I would not be the person I am today without being apart of this amazing sisterhood. Running out to Alpha Delta Pi will forever be one of the greatest days of my life.

When they say a sisterhood is for life, they are not exaggerating in the slightest. With you guys, I know that I will always have a someone to laugh with, to cry with, to adventure with, to binge watch Netflix with, to do life with. Now I know I have only been an official member for less than a month now but you guys have already impacted my life in so many ways. I have never felt so loved and accepted within a group of women and I never would have thought that I would find so much happiness within a sorority.

A year ago today, if you would have asked me if I was going to go Greek, my answer would have been a very quick no, but now I couldn't imagine my life without Alpha Delta Pi and all the sisters that it has blessed me with. Not only have I met some of the most influential, strong, and beautiful women, I have already made so many memories and made so many wonderful friendships. This time last year, I was at my lowest and felt alone a lot of the time, and now I can honestly say that with my sisters, I don't think I will ever have to worry about feeling alone ever again.

There is a poem that was read during Diamond Days and recruitment that when I first heard it, it took everything in me not to break down and cry because of how true I feel this poem is.

It goes..

"I want you to know that when things go wrong
I want you to know that all along,
Someone remembers, someone cares.
Whatever the load, the burden shares;
Whatever you do or whatever they say
I want you to know that all the way,
Someone believes, believes although
Others may doubt...I want you to know

I want you to know when far apart
When I cannot speak to you heart to heart
Whatever the rest may say or do
I want you to know that my faith is true
I want you to know that come what will
in the deepest vale, on the highest hill
that these things that I say to you are so;
and so forever I want you to know

I want you to know in the after years, in the time of sorrow, the time of tears, although the plain or sea divides
I will be standing your soul beside.
The way is far and the voice is dumb;
I cannot speak and I cannot come
And perhaps my love will not help you so,
But if it will, I want you to know"

I want you all to know that this is accurate in so many ways. I want you all to know that you all mean more to me than I could have ever imagined and God truly blessed me with the best sisters in the world.