To My Sisters, Please Know This.
Family Friends

To My Sisters, Please Know This.

Even know we haven't been close for long, understand what I'm about to say.

1783
To My Sisters, Please Know This.

To give an understanding to my audience, I will provide a brief explanation of how life has been for my sisters and myself. From my understanding, we all had a brief time with our biological mother. Some sisters had longer than others, and some no time at all. Our mother was an addict for a very long time. She chose drugs over taking care of us, which led to our current family members to pick up the pieces that that lifestyle can cause. My sisters and I were separated for a very long time. Sadly, the first time we met was at our mothers funeral.

You may believe since we didn't have that time together when we were younger, we may not be very close. I can tell you now, I've never felt closer to my sisters than ever. We unfortunately didn't have the greatest experiences with our mother, but it was those experiences that brought us together. Thanks to our mother and her priorities, we hold this special bond together.

To my sisters, I hope you know I never would've chosen that early upbringing for us, and if there was a way I could've prevented that trauma for you all, I would've done it in a heartbeat. I hope you know, how much I care for each and every one of you and this bond of ours will never be broken. No matter if we don't get along or we don't talk as often, you always need to know I'm here and I'm just a phone call away.

I know there's distance between us, up to 4,000 miles to be exact, but that means absolutely nothing when we have each other. To our youngest sister, I'm sorry I haven't called. I'm sorry I let life get the best of me. I should've made more time for you from the start, and from here on out, I'm going to try to fix that. If hurt you, I never meant to, please know that. To our oldest, I think you sometimes feel you have to hold the pack together, or that you have this responsibility over your head to keep us all close. You don't. We all share a part of keeping our sister bond intact, and I promise you to hold up my end. To the middle sisters, just because you aren't at our age or aren't our youngest, does not make you any less important. You are always in my thoughts, and I hope life deals you the better cards.

Sisters, our past does not define us, and we our stronger than our mothers priorities. Never let anyone make you feel smaller than you actually are. We are strong women, but when we stand together, no one person can come between us. I love you all immensely and I care for each of your well-beings. Do not give into the temptation that our depression can bring us, and don't feel guilty for your mothers mistakes. We are better than this, and we all have something in this life to amount to. I know it.