To My Parents; Why I'll Love You Always And Forever

You love me unconditonally.

210
Silent Moment Photography

"The best feeling in the world, is to know that your parents are smiling because of you."

~ Anonymous

Parents are the best thing a child could ask for, and they would say that children are the best gift God gave them. Sometimes we don’t thank our parents for everything they have done for us enough, and when we have the chance, it may be too late. Never take anyone for granted because time is precious.

My parents are two of the strongest people I know. They have been there for me through every important milestone in my life; they are a shoulder to cry on, people to lean on when I’m feeling sad, stressed, or angry. If it wasn’t for them, I honestly don’t know where I would be.

To my parents,

I may not say this enough, but thank you. Thank you for giving me the best life I could imagine; if it wasn’t for you adopting me when you did, I don’t know where I would be. You have made me into the person I am today and I love you for it, more than you know. You have seen me at my worst and at my best, and are always there when I need it. You always remind me to never hesitate and call you whenever I need it, even if it’s to hear your voice. More importantly, you always tell me to never stop being me because that is the person you've known to love.

One of my worst fears is that I’ve failed you as a child. I wish that I said, “I love you” more because sometimes I feel like I don’t say it enough. Please don’t’ ever think that I take you for granted; you are two of the people that I love in this world more than anything else, even myself. I hope that I can be as strong, loving, caring, and protective as you are. You have taught me so much and I treasure every second we have together, good and bad. Despite my mistakes you still love me unconditionally. There are times where I look back and think what my life would have been like if you didn’t adopt me when you did. Would I have been as happy as I am today? Would I even have parents, or would I still be in an orphanage? I think about contacting my birth-mother to find out why I was put up for adoption, but then I realize that I don’t want to. I have the best parents a girl could ask for and an annoying overprotective brother that I also happen to love.

You have been my number one fans since I can remember, from attempting to play sports to award ceremonies to concerts. You’re always there and wouldn’t miss it for the world. You may wear silly outfits or yell things that may embarrass me, but I’d have it no other way. You have always encouraged me to do my best even when I think I have failed. If I fail a test you’re the first person I go to. You give me advice about what I should do to prepare for the next one, even if you’re up my ass constantly asking me if I had the chance to talk with the professor. But you’re only doing that because you want me to succeed and you know that I am a hard worker.

It is crazy to think how similar we are. I get my short temper from dad and my loud mouth from mom, and maybe a little bit of stubbornness from the both of you. You two know how to get me going but it’s all fun and games. Sometimes I think that you enjoy it a little too much; but I know how to get you guys going as well. One of the things that I love the most about you is that you both have the biggest hearts that I know; you let anyone who has the opportunity to, to be a part of our family. You often say, “Our door is always open.” You always see the good in people and give them second chances, so maybe that’s where I get it from.

“The best feeling in the world, is to know that your parents are smiling because of you.”

You mean more to me than words can describe. If you ever miss me you know that I’m only a phone call away. Look at a picture of me and see the reason why you keep smiling, because I smile knowing I have the two best people in the world; I wouldn’t change it for anything. You’ll forever be a part of my heart.

I’ll love you always and forever, don’t ever forget that.