To My Oldest And Dearest Friend

To My Oldest And Dearest Friend

Thanks for always having my back.

139
To My Oldest And Dearest Friend
Medium

To my oldest and dearest friend,

I wanted to say thank you. Thank you for being the sister I never had, but sort of always wanted. We've grown up side by side and you have quite literally seen the best of me and the worst of me, but through it all, we've stayed together. Starting Pre-K together and becoming friends meant you became an important part of a crucial developmental period in my life, and whenever I look back at my time in elementary school, I see you braving it out with me. A lot has changed in my life, but through all the changes you have been one of my much appreciated constants, and I cannot thank you enough for that. Thanks for putting up with years of code names and nick names and the OG tester of my corniest jokes. We've spent birthdays, Christmases, Thanksgivings and all the best times together. Whenever I look back on my childhood and some of its best moments, I see us.

I see us making bucket lists that almost always include doing something with the other person.

I see late night jam sessions and phone calls that last for hours.

I see us at Applebee's after Christmas and Spring Concerts.

I see us at my house doing endless group projects, like that science project that erupted once.

I see us going to our favorite places and doing our favorite things.

I see us fight but more importantly I see us come together stronger than before.

I see us taking 5 minute car rides to each other's house, because we've always lived so close.

I see a wonderful person that I'm thankful I got to grow up with.

As our friendship reaches its very sweet sixteen (corny I know), I wanted to tell you thanks for being the best friend anyone could ever ask for, I am so appreciative that you are in my life and if you ask me where we'll go from here, I'll say, "another sixteen years down the road... I see us."