To My Now Long Distant Boyfriend

To My Now Long Distant Boyfriend

I promise, I will always be there....

6
To My Now Long Distant Boyfriend

To my now long distance boyfriend,

There are so many things that I want to say to you, but there is not enough time to get through it all. We know our story better than anyone else, and I can’t imagine this crazy ride with anyone but you. In the midst of our crazy year, we managed to fall for each other in a way that is hard to put to words. You truly are my person. We had a great two years of laughter, tears, pain, and jokes, and now I'm back home for a little bit to make myself better. We are four hours away now, 197 miles apart to be exact…. but who’s counting? You are now across the state from me instead of next to me. Distance is the toughest thing a relationship can go through, but everything happens for a reason. The 197 miles between us is so we can grow stronger. And in order for that to happen, we need to promise each other some things. So here is my list, my promises, for you.

I promise that I will talk to you endlessly.

Communication is the only way we will know what is happening with each other. I can no longer figure out in the silence that something is bothering you, based on your body language. We need to have an open communication, and we will be happier for that. I will always try to Facetime you just to see your smile and your sarcastic comments.

I promise that I will visit you.

I have only been apart from you for a little over a month and I already can’t wait to see your face again. I miss being able to see you whenever and as often as I want. But our visits will make this easier. I will become healed before we know it.

I promise to call you when you're sad or stressed.

I know that I can only help so much through texting and emojis. Even though I might not be able to sit down with you, I will do my best to listen and be there for you. If you need a laugh you better believe that I will try my hardest to make you happy again from me singing Justin Beiber or Taylor swift to my puns.

I promise to not overthink things.

I know that the distance is only temporary and we can do this. There’s no need to get bogged down in the details of the miles between us. I'll try not to be the over protective pet parent that I am when we talk.

I promise we'll create a sense of normalcy.

Whether it's a weekly Tuesday night Facetime date, a daily phone call on the way home from work, or a series on Netflix that we watch at the same time. Whatever our routine may be, it'll be ours and unique to our relationship.

I promise to vent to you when the distance gets to me.

I won't bottle it up until it all comes out in a fight. I'll talk through what’s bothering me and we'll work together to find a solution.

I promise to remind you I love you every chance I get.

The distance removes our ability to show love through actions like holding hands while driving or surprise kisses. I'll remind you that I love you every day so you'll always feel assured. From our snapchats, text, Facetime, silly nicknames for one another and phone calls just know you cant get rid of me that easily.

Lastly, I promise that we will make it through this.

No matter how hard this change may be, we can do this. I know we can. I love you, and I will be back home soon to you and our fur babies.

Love always,

Your Girlfriend