To My (Not So Little) Little Brother

To My (Not So Little) Little Brother

But there’s one thing I never knew I would realize from moving out of the house. And that’s how much I would miss my little brother.

104
To My (Not So Little) Little Brother
Bethany McCabe

Throughout my time at college, I’ve grown to appreciate the love that my family has always given me. I’ve learned that my parents are wise, my sisters look up to me, and my pets will always miss me every time I leave. But there’s one thing I never knew I would realize from moving out of the house. And that’s how much I would miss my little brother.

I’m sure having three older sisters is really hard for my brother. He’s already the youngest, but to add three overpowering, obnoxious sisters on top of that is probably hell for him. But I couldn’t imagine not having a baby bro. He’s one of my best friends. He really does have a big heart despite how emotionless he may seem to come off. He’s always had a good sense of humor, maybe a little too good sometimes, to the point of it getting him in trouble, but he’ll always be a hit with my friends because of it. He’s also a hit with my friends because of his looks, it seems like every one of my best friends has somehow called dibs on him. Not too sure how that’s going to work out one day. He’s so creative. I remember when he was little he would collect empty toilet paper rolls, duct tape, and colored pencils to make some new “invention” that he swore he would make into a business one day. He might be a little bit different of a kid, but I’ll always remember how unique he is.

I think the reason I’m writing this article on him is to thank him. I want to thank my little brother for always making me laugh whenever I visit home for the weekend after a stressful week of exams and friend drama. I want to thank my little brother for always being my personal photographer for the perfect Instagram picture (even if it is of me in a bikini,

awkward.) I want to thank my little brother for making mistakes. He’s becoming the person he’s supposed to be and I know it may be hard and sometimes you may lose your way, but I know that one day you’ll live up to the potential you’ve got. I know you’re getting older. You’ve got a girlfriend, you can fight back to me now when I tease you, and you’ll be getting your driver’s license soon, but that doesn’t stop you from being my baby bro. Carson, never lose your spark or your passion or your humor. I’ll always look up to you no matter how many times we fight or despite the fact that I’m in college and you’re still in high school. You inspire me every day and I miss you so much even though I’m just an hour away. Keep up the good work, don’t forget to have fun, and never stop dreaming. I can’t wait to see what you accomplish