To My Mom

To My Mom

You're the kind of person people strive to be

25

That's probably why dad got on one knee

You take such good care of all of us T's

So, I'm going to express the influence you've had on me

There is nothing in this world you wouldn't do

To make sure me and my sister are happier than you.

For almost 18 years I dreaded staying at your work late

But little did I know how much of that I would appreciate.

For many years I argued with you nonstop

Trust me I know your head was about to pop.

But even then, you and dad still worked so hard

So me and tori could play in our big backyard.

We never quite appreciated what you and dad do

But one day I hope I'm as great a parent as you two.

For that I truly just want to thank you

And you will always be the first one's I turn to.

For years I thought I always had to hide

But little did I know you were always on my side.

You were always there even when I didn't want to talk

And no matter what, you will forever be my rock.

I'm the person I am today because of you,

You've taught me to be strong, confident, loyal, and true.

When I was little all my Achievements found a place on the fridge

And if I really wanted something, you'd give it to me without a fit.

You were more involved in my life than most parents are

And you always made me feel like I was a superstar.

The best things in my life have all been because of you

And I hope one day I can make it up to you.

Wherever I go, whatever I do

I hope one day I succeed enough to fill your shoes.

But no matter what, in the end,

You will always be my best friend.

I'm A Woman And You Can't Convince Me Breastfeeding In Public Is OK In 2019

Sorry, not sorry.

19458

Lately, I have seen so many people going off on social media about how people shouldn't be upset with mothers breastfeeding in public. You know what? I disagree.

There's a huge difference between being modest while breastfeeding and just being straight up careless, trashy and disrespectful to those around you. Why don't you try popping out a boob without a baby attached to it and see how long it takes for you to get arrested for public indecency? Strange how that works, right?

So many people talking about it bring up the point of how we shouldn't "sexualize" breastfeeding and seeing a woman's breasts while doing so. Actually, all of these people are missing the point. It's not sexual, it's just purely immodest and disrespectful.

If you see a girl in a shirt cut too low, you call her a slut. If you see a celebrity post a nude photo, you call them immodest and a terrible role model. What makes you think that pulling out a breast in the middle of public is different, regardless of what you're doing with it?

If I'm eating in a restaurant, I would be disgusted if the person at the table next to me had their bare feet out while they were eating. It's just not appropriate. Neither is pulling out your breast for the entire general public to see.

Nobody asked you to put a blanket over your kid's head to feed them. Nobody asked you to go feed them in a dirty bathroom. But you don't need to basically be topless to feed your kid. Growing up, I watched my mom feed my younger siblings in public. She never shied away from it, but the way she did it was always tasteful and never drew attention. She would cover herself up while doing it. She would make sure that nothing inappropriate could be seen. She was lowkey about it.

Mindblowing, right? Wait, you can actually breastfeed in public and not have to show everyone what you're doing? What a revolutionary idea!

There is nothing wrong with feeding your baby. It's something you need to do, it's a part of life. But there is definitely something wrong with thinking it's fine to expose yourself to the entire world while doing it. Nobody wants to see it. Nobody cares if you're feeding your kid. Nobody cares if you're trying to make some sort of weird "feminist" statement by showing them your boobs.

Cover up. Be modest. Be mindful. Be respectful. Don't want to see my boobs? Good, I don't want to see yours either. Hard to believe, I know.