A Letter To My Mom On Mother's Day

A Letter To My Mom On Mother's Day

"many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all." - proverbs 31:29

1002
Personal Photo

Mom.

Where do I begin?

You deserve to be celebrated so much more than one day a year.

You are my biggest fan, my constant encourager, my role model, and my best friend.

You are the epitome of wisdom. You are the definition of grace. You are so full of passion.

I just have two words to tell you: thank you. Although those two words mean so little when comparing them to every little thing that you have done for me. But no words could ever be enough to thank you for the positive influence that you have on everyone you ever meet.

I could never thank you enough for teaching me how to be strong, how to be passionate, and how to be great at everything that I do.

Thank you for always making sure the house is clean because you have taught me to stay neat and organized in everything. Thank you for disciplining me, because you have taught me how to behave and treat others with respect and dignity. Thank you for exercising, because you have taught me how to stay healthy and motivated. Thank you for pushing me to excel in school, sports, faith, and nearly everything else, and thank you for accepting nothing less than my best. And thank you for teaching me to work hard and to work intentionally.

Thank you for always picking up the phone when I just want to talk.

Thank you for teaching me to always believe in myself.

In the midst of your busy, chaotic, and occasionally stressful life (sometimes I cause that, whoops), thank you for your selflessness and always set your time aside to make sure that we are taken care of. And thank you for always making sure that I know just how loved I am.

But most of all, thank you for teaching me how to love people. You are a beacon of light in a dark world, and you use your gifts and your talents to make this world a better place. Thank you for teaching me to be different, and to show love to people of all ages, sizes, and races.

Thank you for every single thing that you do and have ever done for our family - for every single sacrifice that you have made, for all the time and money that you've spent (and wasted), and for the lessons that you continue to teach. You are the glue that holds us together, and I am so grateful that God gave me a mother like you.

You have molded me into who I am today, and I hope this person that I am continues to grow up to be just like you.