To My Mom: I Love You

To My Mom: I Love You

Thank you

11
To My Mom: I Love You
Samantha Jolly

Recently my mom asked me if there were specific things I would change about how I raise my kids, when the time came, compared to how she raised me. It’s an interesting question, I had not thought about it much, there were certain aspects that I thought were overrated or over done, but none that I thought didn’t teach me something in the end.

I couldn’t come up with a direct answer for her; I thought I was raised well. Although I feel like I’m an adult, I’m still learning so much from my mom. She has proved to me over and over again that I can’t do this without her. She’s the person I call when something goes wrong and right.

As a little girl, I told my mom that I was not ever going to move away from her. Today, 121 miles away, I joke about still being attached by the umbilical cord. She’s the one person I know will always be there for me no matter what. She’s my biggest supporter even when my decisions seem to be less than par.

As a sophomore in college, I talk to my mom every day. She helps me decide things from where to get lunch all the way to how to deal with a major conflict. I don’t always listen to her, or I don’t always take her advice seriously.

I may be a brat most of the time, and I may forget to do what she says, but I know she loves me just the same. I wouldn’t be the woman I am today if it were not for her. I look up to her. I want to be just like her. She is so much stronger than she thinks.

I love you so much mom, thank you for all you have done.