To My Long Distance Best Friend, I Freaking Miss You

I miss you more than ever but I know I’ll see you soon.

1965
Jenna Reed

Let me start out by saying how much I freaking miss you, because after all, in our manner of speaking, my whole heart is with you in Boston.

I’ve loved hearing about your adventures that you’ve had, the friends you’ve made, everything that you’ve done and have experienced from this trip away from home. As happy as I am for you though, I can’t wait wait for you to be home so I can see your pretty face.

I remember when you moved to our high school in freshman year and I hadn’t even met you, but from what I’d heard you were great. I had yet to find out for myself. I remember that eventful football game where we met, and then our friendship began. The most random conversations of high school freshmen leading us to a forever friendship that neither of us knew we needed.

Over the years of our friendship, we’ve shared endless laughs, girls trips, and love. We’ve always had a sweet and cherish-able friendship from the very beginning and we’ve always been there for each other. Senior year brought us so much closer, you were one of the very few people I had in my circle. We got so close that you were pretty much my only person during those last few months of senior year, and I’m so grateful for you, one of my very best friends. Then, you found out you were moving to Boston for college and I was so excited for you and couldn’t wait for you to experience something so great. But aside from the happiness, we both knew that this would be separating us.

So, we decided to do something special to forever keep us together, and our matching heart tattoos came up. Getting our tattoos together gave us a bond that we’ll never lose. Every day I miss you so so much, and I can’t wait for the day you come back for another visit and eventually the day when you come home for good. You are one of my people, one of my very best friends, part of my heart, and so much more. You are my long distance best friend and soon enough we’ll be back together. Meanwhile, having our occasional FaceTime dates, our ongoing Snapchat streak, our random texts, rant sessions, and everything in between is enough. You’re always in my heart and on my shoulder. Much love, my friend.

See you soon,

Your long distance best friend