To My High School Best Friends

To My High School Best Friends

High school graduation came, and we all went our separate ways

83
To My High School Best Friends

The night of high school graduation. Not knowing this would be the last time I saw all of the people I had spent the last four years with. All the funny jokes made in class, the antics we would pull, the late nights of getting in trouble, rushing to be home by curfew; all gone in the blink of an eye. We turned our tassels full of joy that we finally did it. We all looked at each other with big smiles slapped across our faces. But little did we know, how much our lives were about to change.

My three best friends and I all went our separate ways. One to The University of Alabama at Birmingham, one to Troy University, and one to Troy University at Montgomery. All hours apart, stuffing our noses in books to retain as much information as we possibly could and making new friends.

But the distance never changed our friendships.

We've all been four peas in a pod since freshman year. If you saw one of us in the school hallway, the other three were sure to be following close behind. We're all growing into adults and lean on each other when times get hard because we all get it. Paying bills on your own, working a part-time job, being a full-time student, all while being in a new town with new people. It's tough. When you have been with the same group of people for four years and all of a sudden are in a new place, forced to make new friends... it's tough.

I'm thankful every day that God brought these women into my life. They make me cry, laugh hysterically, and support me in any decision I make.

Our lives changed but our friendships never have.