To My Guardian In Heaven

To My Guardian In Heaven

The earth just isn't the same without you
38

To My Guardian In Heaven,

I miss you. I miss you more and more every single day and I miss you more than you will ever know. This earth just isn't the same without your presence here. It has lost a beautiful smile, a booming laugh, a witty sense of humor, and a never ending list of other things that the world will never quite have again.

I am so thankful for the time I had on this planet with you. I am thankful for every memory, every moment and every emotion we ever shared together. You taught me so much about how to find love, find strength, find happiness, and most importantly how to find and care for my positive relationships. Without your influence in my life, I would not be half the person that I am today.

It's not going to be easy without you here with me, some days I still think I can call you up on the phone, write you a letter, or go pay you a much needed visit. But then I remember I can't, and I won't be able to ever again, and that's when things get really difficult. That's when the tears start flowing and my heart starts to ache.

I know this is not what you would want though. I know you would want me to smile at the thought of you and laugh at all of our silly times together, and of course I do this, however sometimes are harder than others.

What keeps me going, though, is the sole fact that I know you are always with me in my heart and soul. I know that you are always watching over me from heaven above, continuing to guide me and keep me safe. I keep asking for a sign, a simple sign just so I know you are safe, at peace, and with me. I see butterflies a lot lately, so maybe that's your way of communicating with me.

Regardless, I know in my heart you are okay and that's all that matters. I always wonder if you can hear me when I talk to you. It's just talking through my thoughts, telling you about my day and asking how you are, but I was always wonder, can you hear me? Can you hear the things I say to you, even though it's just in my head? And on a more humorous note, do you see everything I do? Because I don't know if you would be proud of everything I do and I don't know if I would like you to see all of that.

I guess I just don't know how heaven works, but what I do know is that I have gained the most beautiful guardian angel. The single bonus to you finding the light is that I could never be with you constantly here on earth, but now that you're in heaven, you can always be with me.

I love you with all of my heart my angel. I hope you are smiling down on me, proud of the person I am because of everything you have taught me throughout our time together.