To My Friends Of 40 Or 4 Years

To My Friends Of 40 Or 4 Years

Lifetime bond in four years

4
To My Friends Of 40 Or 4 Years
Carlyn Romeo

Going away to school was not an easy journey; I had so many different emotions I had to over come. First I had to get use to the idea of leaving my friends and family behind, second moving to a whole different state and third basically starting a new life. I did not think that when I moved to the University Of Hartford my life would change so much. I did not think that this place could be almost as much of my home as my real home is. I did not think the people I met here would change me as much as they did.

Going to a small school you pretty much get to know everyone, Whether you know them just by name or you are in a class together or they are one of your best friends you, know them. Some people think going to a small school isn’t “fun” or it isn’t the party they want it to be. But for me going to a small school was a blessing. I have met people that have changed my life forever, I have meet friends that I can be absolutely ridiculous with and they still love me every time. I have met friends that prove to me you don’t need to know someone for a lifetime to have an inseparable bond. I am confident every time I step out of my apartment that I will see people that will just make my mood 10x better. I am in a sorority, I have friends in frats and I have friends that aren’t. No matter your standing at the University of Hartford is, this community is like a family.

So to the friends that have stood by me since freshman year, our journey is soon coming to a close and I would just not be able to leave this place without having you all know how much I appreciate you and how much you have all individually changed my life. To the friends that I met later on in my college career. Thank you, thank you for showing me that there is never a limit on how many friends can feel like family. Thank you for proving to me the world is full of wonderful people you may not have even met yet.

To the university of Hartford, thank you for allowing me to have this opportunity. Thank you for allowing me to meet some of the best people I have ever known. To every person I have met here thank you for shaping me into the person I am today. Making a lifetime bond in 4 years seemed unreasonable to me when I first started college considering at home I have known all of my best friends since we were babies. I did not think coming here that I would one day say, “I have known my best friend for only 4 years.” So this one goes out to my friends of 4 or 40 years, sometimes I forget which one it is.