To My Best Friends Moving On To Bigger Things, This One Is For You
Family Friends

To All My Friends Moving On To Bigger Things

Here are some things I want you to remember along your journey to this new every day.

951

You're amazing and I am so freakin happy for you. Here are some things I want you to remember along your journey to this new every day. I know moving into the unknown is beyond scary, but you've got this. And you always have me.

No matter how far away you are, I'm only a text away.

Whenever you need anything at all, text me, call me, write me a letter. Whatever your preferred mode of communication is, do it, and I'll answer. You can be a couple hours away, or maybe a couple days drive but no matter where you are, I'll be your constant. I'll be your rock when everything else is changing, I'll be your support when everything feels new and scary. I'll be there if you need an opinion when you're decorating your new space. I'll be there to listen if you need to rant about your new neighbors, even though I have no idea who they are. If you ever need somebody, I'll be your somebody. Moving on to bigger (and better) things is a scary thing to take on, but you were courageous enough to take that leap and I'm with you every step of the way.

It's scary to be in a new spot, but you are more than capable of figuring it out, I promise.

Moving away from everything you've ever known is an extremely hard thing to do. But you're doing it and you're doing it so so well. You made the tough decision to do whats best for you and now you're going to kick ass at figuring out when your new normal is. You're intelligent, and you're brave, and you're capable. You wouldn't have made this decision if you weren't. Remember those strengths and use them to get out and explore, make new relationships and start laying the groundwork necessary for you to thrive. This is a chance for you to make your every day what you want it to be, take that chance and do what is best for you.

You're on your way to do great things, and I'll have your back every step of the way.

You can do whatever you set your mind to if you're willing to take the necessary steps to get there. Take those steps, follow your dreams and do what feels right for you. You're on your way to being your best self. You're on your way to achieving amazing things, don't hold yourself back from those things because of nerves. You're going to be incredible, and I am here to remind you that you're going to be incredible. I'm here to believe in you even if you're struggling a bit to believe in yourself.

You may be far away, but there's nothing that says we have to stop being best friends because of that.

So we might be across the country from each other, or things might be busy and we can't make the couple hour drive in between us. That doesn't matter, we can still be close without physically being close. There's this cool thing called a cell phone and it can keep us in contact at whatever time of the day it may be. Use it, and I will too. I still wanna hear all about everything and you're still gonna have to listen about whats happening with me too. Moving away cannot get you out of that one.

We might not talk as much though, and that is completely okay.

The reason we moved away from each other was to start building our lives. It just so happens, building a life is kinda difficult and it also keeps you busy. So if we're not talking every day, that's okay. I still know that you're there for me, and you still know I'm here to talk if you need me, but just because we don't talk all the time doesn't mean we're growing apart. Growing into successful humans maybe, but growing apart? Never.

You write your own story and I can't wait to watch you live it.

I cannot wait to see where life takes you and I cannot wait to see where you take your life. You're such an incredible person, there is truly no end to the potential you have to make a difference in this crazy world we live in. Keep your chin up, ignore the people that try to deter you from the path you want to follow. Keep your head on straight, there are gonna be a lot of new things to deal with but you can overcome them. Don't let anybody take your spirit, its wild and its beautiful, and it's yours to use to your advantage. Be yourself, trust your gut and do what you need to do to fulfill your dreams. You're going to make a difference in the world, you're going to do so much good. You make your own decisions, you decide which path you want to follow. You are going to be amazing, and I can't wait to see where that amazingness takes you.

I love you so much, and I'm beyond excited that you're moving onto bigger and better things. Good luck even though you don't need it, I'm sending thousands of x's and o's your way.

- Chey