An Open Letter To My Dreams That I'm Determined To Come True

An Open Letter To My Dreams That I'm Determined To Make Come True

Even when others don't believe in me, I know I am still capable.

174

To my dreams,

Some of you are hard to achieve. Some of you frustrate me more than I can describe. Some of you have people worried, but I'm not. All of you, however, is what I want. Some of you go way back to grade school and some of you go back to the beginning of 2018.

I guess what I want to say more than anything is how determined I am to reach you no matter how outlandish it seems. Some people have called me crazy for wanting to work for a hockey team. I think those people are crazy for not believing in me. Those are the people who make me want to work even harder. Those people are my motivation. They will be the ones I think of when I finally make it, and I get to say "See, I can do it."

My dream of starting a family, especially with my medical history, seems a little crazy. However, it's exactly what I want. For as long as I can remember I have always wanted a family. I've always wanted to raise children who would be athletic or at least follow their dreams. And no, that does not mean I can't be a feminist still. Don't get that mixed up.

I've wanted to work for a hockey team since I was young. Numerous people have told me to "shoot lower." However, I've also had a countless number of people who have told me they believe in me more than they can begin to describe. Those people have helped me to believe in myself, as well.

My dreams spread far, but I know I can achieve them. I believe in myself. I know I can make it to where I want to be. Even when others don't believe in me, I know that I am still capable.

It makes me think of what teachers told me for so many years- "I believe in you." Four simple words that have helped me believe in myself more than I ever have before. Those words taught me, I doubt myself far too often, because as they said that I kind of shook my head in disbelief.

However, I have also had people who have told me I need to scale my dreams back a little bit. Those people are the people that frustrate me the most. Those are the people who have tried to cut me down, but they haven't. I'm coming for you, crazy dreams.

Yours truly,

The Determined Person