To My Biggest Fans

To My Biggest Fans

There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for making you two my parents.

10
To My Biggest Fans

To my biggest fans,

There is not enough ways in this world to let you two know how thankful I am to call you both my parents. You both have put Taylor, Caleb, and I first in every situation no matter what the cost is. Both of you have played important roles in my life and have showed me many incredible things.

Dad, you have shared so many of your passions with me. I will forever cherish driving the back roads, windows down and bluegrass on the radio, with you. You have taught me to love the mountains and everything I find there. Both you and Mom have supported all of my crazy dreams, especially the one where I wanted to play football. Not many dads would let their daughter pad-up and get tackled by a bunch of boys; but you did. You taught me how to lace up the pads and told me I was just as good as those boys, if not better. You shared your love of painting with me as well, something I never thought I could do. You've always told me that there is never a mistake too big that you can't fix and now I live my life with that in mind. I will always be a daddy's girl.

Mom, gosh we never really got along when I was little and I think that is because I am so much like you. You have taught me to be fearless in anything I do and while it took me awhile to believe I was you never stopped telling me that. You have showed me what it is to be selfless and caring. I know that times are not always the best but you never fail to put others first and I admire that so much. You have shown me that I can do anything no matter what other people say or think. You and Dad have helped me believe that I am beautiful and worthy, two things that I struggled with for the majority of high school. Whenever I got my heartbroken you knew exactly what to do to make me feel better; retail therapy and ice cream. Thank you for helping me through some of the toughest moments in my life and for becoming one of my best friends (aka the Lorelai to my Rory).

After I graduated last summer, I was more than ready to move to college. I wanted out of the house where quietness was not possible. I was ready to be on my own and do things my way without having to report to someone. Boy, if I could go back and kick myself I would. While college is amazing and I am having the time of my life, I still miss the two of you tremendously (and the boys too but don't tell them that). I am always homesick after coming back to school after a break because that quietness I dreamt of, taunts me. But eventually I get back into the swing of things and the homesickness goes away. I want you two to realize though, that I would not be who I am today or where I am today without the two of you. Without your constant love and support, I would be lost. When I call or text you constantly it is because I need a little reminder that you are there for me, even when your not there physically. There is not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for making you two my parents and Taylor and Caleb my brothers. I love you both more than you will ever know.

Love you lots,

Your Favorite And Only Daughter