To My BFF Who's Still In High School

To My BFF Who's Still In High School

No matter the distance, you will always be like a sister to me.

357
Sydney Eisenberg

As the school year winds down, I felt that it was an appropriate time to write an open letter to my best friend who is still in high school. Yes, I have written something before to all of the current high school seniors, but this is a little different...

To My BFF Who's Still in High School,

As your senior year is winding down, I want you to know that you are living the best year yet. Yes, college is new and exciting but, there's nothing like your last year in high school.

We've been close ever since I could remember. When I was in eighth grade, you were in seventh and we cheered together. From that time, I knew that we were going to be so close forever. I consider you to be my little sister and I'm here for you through everything. From boy drama, to unnecessary friend drama, we've seen and talked about it all. Something that is extremely important for you to know is that I will be there for you past high school, past college, and through it all. I can't imagine my life without you.

Seeing you over breaks whenever I'm home from school is probably one of my favorite things. We always have the best times together whether we're going all the way to the mall just for Starbucks when there's one right by my house, going out to eat, or just talking about random things and catching each other up on our lives. Oh, and not to mention Instagram help!!

Thank you for being one of the best friends and sisters a girl could ask for. I consider a few of my close friends my sisters, (because by blood, I have none) and I'm so happy and lucky to be able to call you one. Thank you for turning a bad day into a good one from over 2,000 miles away. Thank you for keeping in touch with me while I'm in college. Thank you for keeping an eye on my brother at school and for being another sister to him. Thank you for being there for me through literally everything. But most importantly, thank you for being you. You have no idea how special you are to me!!

High school is a time where you start figuring out who you are and who you want to be in life. I know for a fact that you are setting yourself up for success already. You're smart, generous, kind, amazing, genuine, down to earth, I could really go on for a really long time. I'm so lucky to have someone like you in my life.

With your time left in high school, I want you to reach for the stars, go beyond your limits, and be the best and happiest version of yourself. Hang out with your friends as often as you can and forget any drama that may be happening right now. Take in this time because next year, you won't realize how much you'll miss it.

I love you beyond and I wish you the best of luck!!!

XOXO,

Syd