An Open Letter To My Best Friend Studying Abroad

An Open Letter To My Best friend Studying Abroad

It's not everyday you can say your best friend is going halfway across the world for an entire semester.

145

Dear world traveler,

I miss you so much. You've been gone over a month now and let me say it is weird not being with someone who's been with me since the start of college; for the first time in one-and-a-half years, we aren't experiencing everything together. I miss little things such as our nightly car rides to random places, spontaneous walmart trips, and sharing a room with you.

While I am sad that you are not here with me, or that I am not with you, I am so excited and happy for you. I'm glad you took the opportunity to travel the world for a semester and visit everywhere you can, it's going to be an amazing experience. I am proud of you for seizing the moment, putting yourself first and living your dream.

I hope that while you are abroad you are learning all about everyone's culture, taking the silliest selfies, eating the best food, drinking the best wine, partying it up in the bistro, running the naked mile, taking in all the beauty of the surroundings, and that you find all of the secret passageways in that big castle you're living in.

I hope that you are traveling to the best countries (and safely) and spending more time on trips than in a classroom. I hope you're able to see every single species of birds because we all know they are your favorite thing. Lastly, I hope that you are having the time of your life.

I cannot wait for you to come home so I can hear all about your adventures and the people you met over a cup of tea. I want to hear all about the many countries you'd travel to, what food you ate, and see pictures of all your favorite birds. I hope you are enjoying your new adventure in life, but always remember to stay safe. See you in about three months!

Love,

Shauna