To My Best Friend Turned Roommate

To My Best Friend Turned Roommate

Cheers to many memories to be made, many laughs to be heard, tears to be cried, and love to be shared.

54
To My Best Friend Turned Roommate
Tumblr

Who would have ever thought that going to dinner six months ago - to catch up on years’ passed - would have led us to where we are now, best friends and roomies. It’s funny that we’ve ended up here, as we’ve said over and over that we would never be able to live with other people, especially with another girl. However, events happened in such perfect timing, that it was almost a sign we were meant to live together and now here we are.

You know everything about me, as I do about you. However, you have yet to see all of my flaws and I want to apologize in advance for when you do. More so than I want to apologize, I want to thank you. Here’s why:

1. Thank you for believing enough in our friendship and in me to commit to living ten feet down the hall for the next 365 days of our lives. Good thing we have doors with locks, but hopefully we won’t have to use them that often.

2. Thank you for loving my dogs as if they were your own. They are still young, very large, and not always the best behaved. They test my patience on a daily basis, so I have no doubt they will test yours too. Thank you for realizing they just get a little too excited, have no idea their size, and just want to love us.

3. Thank you for knowing when I’ve had a rough day and doing your best to make it better. You always seem to know exactly what to do to cheer me up; whether that’s a dozen donuts, you acting a fool, giving me alone time, cleaning my room, or offering to cook me dinner. You are one of the most selfless people I know and I admire that.

4. Thank you for your honesty. It may not always be pretty, but it’s always welcome. Thank you for not letting me walk out of the house in something ugly, for telling me when I’m in the wrong, or for telling me “he’s not the one.” You’re saving me from embarrassment and heartbreak that I simply don’t have room for.

5. Thank you for forgiving me. We haven’t argued or pushed each other’s buttons yet, but we will. I’m going to have bad days, I’m going to go through heartbreak, and I’m likely to unintentionally take it out on you. I apologize in advance and I thank you for seeing that I’m only human.

6. Thank you for being down for anything at any time, without question. I love our middle of the night Walmart trips, driving around with no destination, movie nights, dancing downtown, furniture store hopping, days at the beach and more.

7. Thank you for sharing your Spotify with me and for letting me add songs to your playlists, even though you change my songs at the most embarrassing times – like when that guy was flirting with me at a red light and you changed it to “Jump On It.” I think he thought I was trying to drop hints and I’m pretty sure the color of my face matched the red-light as I scrambled to roll up my tinted windows.

8. Thank you for being a mom, sister, friend, and child all rolled into one and thank you for knowing when to be which person to me. Thank you for keeping me on track, teaching me new things about life, letting me teach you about life, motivating me, annoying me, picking on me, and being my equal.

9. Thank you for the little things; like reminding me where I left my keys, helping me fold my clothes, letting the dogs out when you get home before me, washing the dishes when I’m in a hurry and leave them in the sink. I notice what you do for me and I appreciate all of it.

10. Thank you for being you. I have no doubt that you were placed into my life for a reason, and in perfect timing at that. Cheers to many memories to be made, many laughs to be heard, tears to be cried, and love to be shared. There’s no one else I’d rather annoy or have annoy me, so thank you for everything to come.