To My Best Friend I Parted Ways With

To My Best Friend I Parted Ways With

Some things can't be forever.

93
Flickr

Many people have told me “If someone makes you happy, hold onto them tightly and never let them go”, yet with you that was not the case. I have fought so many times to keep our friendship together, but sadly the inevitable happened and it was just a matter of time until our last goodbye.

I would just like to let you know that I am so happy our friendship began. It may not have lasted for how long I wanted it to, but our time together I would not trade for anything.Eventually you became my best friend in a short amount of time. It is very rarely that I have a connection like this with someone so quickly. You earned my trust, and I don’t even know how you did. Something about the way you cared about me told me I could trust you.

Even if our time was short, moments talking to you I was able to learn a little more about you each day. I admired how easily you were able to tell me personal information you haven’t told your best friends of two years. It was a strange thing for both of us, how we have only known each other for a month, yet it seemed like I have known you since birth. We both were confused how this has happened, but we accepted it and enjoyed our time.

Though you barely knew me, you knew how to make me smile. You were able to tell so easily that something made me upset. And you wouldn’t stop asking what was wrong until I told you. I don’t know what you did to make me laugh, but you did. There has been so many times that I laughed so much I couldn’t feel my sides. We were just being ourselves with each other. Acting crazy and doing dumb stuff just to have fun.

I know we both don’t want our friendship to end. It is going to be very hard for us not talking to each other 24/7. But we both know that ending this friendship will be beneficial for us in the long run. I’m sorry if there has been anything I’ve done to end this friendship. Honestly we have both added to it. But there is many things that I want to lastly say to you.

Thank you for all the laughs and smiles. Every moment spent laughing with you has made me forget about my problems and felt like everything in my life with right. Thank you for always being there for me when I really needed it. Whether it was my 3am calls crying on the phone or picking me up when I needed it, I really appreciate it. Thank you for knowing when I need a hug or being my shoulder to cry on. Thank you for reminding me that I was pretty, even if I was crying or wearing no makeup.

I wouldn’t trade our friendship for anything in this world. I am so glad I have met you, and so blessed to have you in my life at one point. Though it was a short time, you have helped to make me the person I am today. I hope you can find someone to make you as happy as I did. Even if we don’t talk you will still be my homie. I hope you are doing okay. I will always be here if you ever need it. Hope to see ya soon in the future.