to my best friend leaving for college
Life Stages

to my best friend leaving for college

A nightmare becoming reality.

40
to my best friend leaving for college

I remember when we first met in the sixth grade thinking we were the shit. Purposely not eating our lunches during lunch time just so we could eat it in the following Language Arts class. Gathering, singing, and praying on the picnic tables at recess. Sneaking our phones and Ipods out to take selfies at recess and in class....shhhh. Wearing only Abercrombie tee's and V-necks with boot cut jeans and knock off Sperry's. Begging our parents for a North Face jacket because it was "cool" to have one, especially if it was a bright color. Eat, sleep, and breathe cheerleading. That Thursday night tumbling class was a MUST.

Moving on three years later to our freshman year of high school, once again thinking we were the shit(seems to be a reoccurring event). Literally walking into the first day of high school together, I knew we were gonna be around each other for a while. Freshman year we were still finding ourselves, still figuring out a direction to go. We both were on the competition cheer team and what a joke that was. Placing our best at 4th all season and less than a point away from making it to state that year. Man, did the seniors that year HATE us...oops. For some reason we thought walking everywhere after school was cool?? Still slightly embarrassed we did that.

Skipping to junior year, finally being one of the big dogs. I think this year was hands down the absolute worst for the both of us whether it be academic wise, family wise, or social wise. Overall a stressful year but I had you by my side. When my dad passed, you were the FIRST person I told. You always have been and always will be my go to. Being on varsity sideline cheer for the first year together, made it a little less nerve wrecking. Getting to cheer, travel, and share this amazing experience with you was a blessing. Getting to go to camp at UGA and realizing big university's were not our things. Also me coming down with bronchitis that week and luckily we shared a room, you're welcome. Not to mention on the way there literally seeing a chicken crossing the road and watching a man get out of his truck, grab the chicken, and get back into his truck in the middle of the road. Lets just say junior year was a little all over the place.

Senior year consisted of lasts of many firsts. Walking into the last first day of high school wearing the traditional black dress for the first day of senior year. Finally being a senior after years and years of waiting, it was finally our turn. Senior year made me realize not everyone is forever, except for maybe you. This year taught me no matter how far we drift apart from each other, we always find our way back. This was the year where college got real. It was the next step in life. I knew you were gonna go far in life, but I never thought about you going far from me. 307 miles to be exact. But before college, we had to graduate. Graduating with you and hearing both our names as we walked across that stage made me feel so proud. WE FINALLY DID IT! Emphasis on finally because I truly don't think we could've done one more year of high school.

Wingate is so lucky to have you and anyone you cross paths with. You are going to do amazing. You are going to be successful. You are going to make your parents and family so proud, even more than they already are. You are talented, you are beautiful, you have an amazing personality, one of the best senses of humor I have ever seen, and I could go on. I hope college brings you the best. You're going to go so far. I hope you find yourself and your path in life. Don't let anyone drag you down. If you fall, always get right back up. Prove to everyone who has ever doubted you wrong. You are special and don't you ever forget that.

Don't forget about me. I love you Abby.