To My Best Friend During The Holiday Season

At this point, I'm pretty sure Bruno Mars wrote "Treasure" thinking of you.

24
Tumblr

To my best friend,

In the flurry of the holidays passing by, it has me thinking of exactly how many holidays we’ve spent together. It’s come to the point where they kind of all mesh together like a good-ass special comedy that you binge-watch on Netflix because you simply can’t get enough of it.

GIRRRLLL, we’ve finally transitioned from drinking Welch’s sparkling grape juice to drinking full-on champagne on New Years. Hell yes.

But above all, this holiday, in particular, I’m strangely happy because beneath the glowing lights this year and the countless years before that — there’s been you.

Yeah, you. Sitting there with the nice hair, the cool shades and the grin on your face. I'm pretty sure at this point Bruno Mars wrote "Treasure" thinking of you. I’m happy during this holiday season because you’ve given me something to be thankful on thanksgiving.It's basically a bundle of warm memories that I've held on to for years. It's the way that we sit there and laugh still like we did in middle school. It's the way you inspire me to create, push through seas of humans on black Friday, study for finals and get through some of the most difficult days of my life. A thank you, because with you, throughout the changes of the seasons, I never have to look around wonder if I’m loved by anyone. A thank you because I never have to wonder if I’m ever good enough. Thank you for reassurance, the inside jokes that never die, strength and the memories I hold on to because these are the best things that anyone could ever give me. My dear, I am so happy you entered the world. Because I have no idea what life would have looked like if you didn’t have a chance to enter mine.

Here's to the new year — all the adventures we'll go on together then, all the memories we will make and all the memes we will send each other in between. Words won't ever be enough to describe how much it all means to me.

To my best friend on this holiday,

Thank you for being you. Thank you for everything.