To My Best Friend And Her Ex

To My Best Friend And Her Ex

I never met him, I never saw your relationship, but you should know that you're worth more than what you're going through.

32
To My Best Friend And Her Ex
The Break Up Lounge

Breakups suck. We all go through some sort of heartbreak at some point, and watching someone you love go through it can be even worse. I am someone who is very protective over the people I love. My family and friends mean the world to me and I hate to see them get hurt. Recently, my best friend went through a breakup and she attainted wounds that still haven't healed. The circumstances surrounding it have made it worse and the fact that she still follows him on social media isn't very helpful (yes, I have told her this 20 times and no, she hasn't deleted them). This one is for him, but also for her.

To my Best Friend's Ex:

You don't know me and I don't know you. This is probably for the best because there is a good chance I would send you hate mail. You broke a girl's heart. She is smart, beautiful, ambitious, happy, fun and I love her to pieces. She's someone I have known since she could count her age on one hand, and she's someone with a heart too precious to be broken by someone she trusted.

You two were friends for a long time. I would hear her talk about it, and about how she was happy to have a friend like you. I was grateful for her to have people like that in her life when I left for college two years ago. I never met you and at this point I don't really want to because like I said, I don't think we would get along. When she went through another break up a while back, you were there for her. It was great! Then you two started thinking about each other in a more than friends way and I was happy she moved on. She was excited to tell me about you. I thought this was a great thing, until it wasn't.

I'm not one to judge, but the fact that you broke up with her and then got with her best friend soon after is a little shady. I'm sorry, it just is. She's amazing and you two may not be right for each other which is fine. However, the way you and your new girlfriend went about doing this was wrong. Yeah, people make mistakes but I hope you learn and grow from this so another amazing girl doesnt have to go through this. I mean, you're all still so young and maybe one day you'll realize how dumb you were. I just hope my girl has the courage to tell you no if you ask for her back because she knows how special she is. Her heart and mind are far more valuable than you can imagine. Clearly, you're unaware because you had no regard for her feelings. I'm sure you're a decent person, but for girls everywhere, get your life together.

To My Best Friend (and to any girl who has ever been hurt before):

First, I know it still hurts, and I know it is hard to have two people you were so close to be out of your life because of something like this. I understand it is hard to get over someone you thought would be there for a while, if not forever. I know the feeling. If you'll remember the episode my Junior year with a certain someone....lol. Anyways, the point is you can't grieve forever. These people hurt you, yes, but you have the power to disregard people like this and make new friends when they treat you this way. The good news for you is that you'll be in college among a myriad of people, and I cant wait for you to experience that!

Secondly, know your value. Your value is immeasurable. Remember that you are His. You're royalty in the courts of the King, and you are worth more than people who do things behind your back. You are so smart, full of life and beautiful. Life will and can go on despite circumstances that we think are just the absolute worst. You'll come out stronger because of it and one day we will laugh about this one. For now, I am here as a shoulder to cry on and someone to pick you back up when you don't think you can stand, because you can. You are strong. I know you will be fine and that this may seem a little overdramatic, but you really need to hear it and I'm almost positive you are not alone in a situation like this. Other girls have experienced something like this, including me, but I have come out of it a stronger person. I never would have imagined myself in the place I am today and I couldn't have done it without you.

Now it's my turn to repay the favor. Show everyone how profoundly amazing you are!