To My Aunts
Family Friends

To My Aunts

Who made me who I am today.

28

From the moment people knew I was going to be entering this world, I remember sitting on the floor alone in my house. I put in a DVD. Everyone was full of joy, so many laughter's and jokes made at my mom's baby shower.. It's been a crazy 17 years I've had, but one thing I knew for sure, you both had a big role in my life.

Jennie : There are so many things to say thank you for. I don't know if anyone has given you the credit that you should, but whether people believe it or not, you helped raised me. You always had a big influence in my life. Though I had my parent's with me through my life, you were my comfort. You were the person that got me ready for school when we lived in the same house on Ulry Road, made me food when I was hungry, recorded me singing breakaway, and even given me baths when I was really small. It was you. I was 6 years old when I found out I had a new baby cousin. Emma. I was over the moon happy. Cade and then a year later, Ella. In just one year I didn't know how much my cousins meant to me. I knew the person you were, when you had the girls. You did anything for them, and There are so many things to be thankful for when it comes to you. Looking back on my childhood, you were always apart of it. Every video that was recorded of my life, was because of you. You saved memories that I will hold on to for a lifetime.

Jamie: I had my own issues for numerous years, but when I needed time away from things, I came to you. I forgot all my problems when I visited. It gave me reassurance on who I was as a person, even though I made some bad choices. When it came to advice, you were the first person I would talk too. I remember vividly when I was going through the worst heartbreak I ever experienced. Jennie, you, and granny were out in the garage, and I didn't wanna talk to anyone, or I would break down. For months on end, I felt tired. I couldn't sleep, I wasn't motivated to do much of anything, and I felt worthless. There was a conversation of something, and you asked me a question. I looked at you but I checked out emotionally. When I stood up, worry in your face came over. ''What's wrong, you don't seem okay.'' I shook my head, and said yes, I'm fine. But you knew that was me avoiding my feelings. I didn't want to feel anymore. I sat down and i felt a huge lump in my throat, trying to push the tears back. I'm not much of a crier.You spoke out and said, you don't seem yourself. No one knew what I was going through, but you managed to make me to spill out my words. The worst, was going through the last heartbreak, and you told me things and how to cope with it, the best way I could even if I wanted to cry, punch scream, and even dying felt like an option. This boy that I let in my life convinced me that he was ''different.'' and from that moment I fell hard. I told him I wasn't sure if it was a good idea that I felt this way, because to be quite honest, I was fragile, even though I didn't want to admit it at the time. This past christmas, was rough. Knowing what I know now I wish I could go back and change everything. I felt so broken, because every guy that came my way, let me down. I saw everyone have boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands and wives, but I felt insecure. I thought to myself daily, why can't I be happy too? you told me not to stress about it and worry about myself for a while. After all I know I'm only 17, but a part of me had a fear that the life that I always wanted won't ever come. For 2 months I hung onto weed and alcohol, to escape my thoughts. At the time I thought it was helping, but it was actually making it worse. Everytime I took a drink of vodka, and another, and another sip. I was an emotional roller coaster. I knew it wasn't a normal coping mechanism, through all the tears I cried, I remember being alone at my dad's while everyone was out enjoying the night, I was emotional. I was confused on why I felt like this again. It was almost like the first day he left me. So, thank you. You made me realize there's more to life than crying over boys that don't actually want to get to know me. The knowledge that I have now, I try and give the same advice to my friends that you said to me. Believe it or not, I listened, even if I didn't have much to say at all.

Everyday I hope one day to be like the both of you. Family means everything to me because of the role models that influenced on how I look at life, and the type of person I strive to be every day. I want to have the type of love you have for your kids Jennie, and how even when you wake up tired every single morning, you have the motivation to get up daily to make sure they are taken care of. Same goes for you Jamie. And I hope to have the mindset that you have, worrying about yourself, and being brutally honest with everyone. I think that's what makes you so special to me. These words don't explain enough of how I feel about the both of you, but I hope you get an idea. I love you both to the moon and back, and you may think why am I writing this, this is cheesy.. but I never sat down and wrote the feelings I have toward the both of you.

Thank you for everything.

Your Niece, Eve.