You've Got A Friend in Me

You've Got A Friend in Me

Woody, I feel ya. My best friend is packing me up and sending me to the attic with the other old toys, too.

16
You've Got A Friend in Me
Chatt Sports Net

Do you remember that heartbreaking moment when Andy got bored of playing with Andy? Well, Woody, I feel ya, my best friend is packing me up and sending me to the attic with the other old toys, too.

In all seriousness, I am experiencing a feeling and struggle right now that is hard to explain. My best friend who has been my confidant, partner in crime, best listener, and shoulder to cry and I are going in two different directions and I don’t know how to feel or what to do. It is not like we had a big fight or a falling out, she just slowly stopped being the Andy to my Woody.

So…

To my Andy,

I want you to know that it feels kind of awful that I am being traded in for a shinier toy, that I am sad our relationship has changed, and mostly that I miss you. I miss our dance parties, movie marathons, having someone I could call at 2am and cry to, but I mostly miss the special bond we had. As much as I miss you, I do understand. I do understand that people change and we are changing without each other and that is okay. As much as our friendship is currently filled with change, I will ease my mind and hopefully yours with the unchanging.

What will never change is the appreciation I have for the nights you stayed up listening to me, the phone calls you answered when I needed you, the advice you offered, the “I can’t breathe” laughs you gave me, or what you taught me about true friendship.

What will never change is my love for you. I will always think you are the most awesome in the toy box, I will always choose you.

What will never change, no matter how much everything else does, is that you’ve got a friend in me.