To My Mimi On Her Birthday

To My Mimi On Her Birthday

I wanted to dedicate one of my articles to a woman who means the world to me in honor of her birthday.

653
To My Mimi On Her Birthday
Jessica Fisgaer

Dear Mimi,

Like you said to me on one of our recent road trips, we have a lot of memories together.

These are just some of the things I can list off of the top of my head: all of the Thanksgiving nights and Black Fridays spent decorating your house for Christmas, when I fell victim to Temple's mumps outbreak and you took care of me, all of the other sleepovers at your house, our many Walmart adventures, our shopping sprees, all the shows we've seen, our days in New York City, and all of our road trips to the shore, Maryland, and North Carolina. We've spent a lot of time together.

In all of our almost 20 years of adventures together, you've taught me quite a lot. You taught me how to be a dancing queen. You taught me to be fierce. You taught me how to find the best clearance deals around, the best strategies to increase my chances of winning Bingo, and haggle at yard sales.

You helped teach me how to be strong and independent. You helped teach me to be me. You know that this is not an exhaustive list.

Thank you for everything you've done and continue to do for me. Thank you for all of our long phone calls and chats. Thank you for all the Wawa coffee. Thank you for all the times you've driven me places when no one else could.

Thank you for being a shoulder to lean on when things get tough. Thank you for always being an ear to listen whenever I need or want to talk. Thank you for all of your advice.

Thank you for always being willing to help. Thank you for being there. Thank you for being one of the most important women in my life. Thank you for being my grandma.

I hope you enjoyed your birthday. You are amazing.

Love,

Jess