self-love, haters, positive vibes
Lifestyles

4 ways To just say to Heck with the haters

An open letter to always be proud of who you are and what you do. :)

250
https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=pq-are-you-a-positive-person

Right now I've noticed something baffling about the current social climate...a lot of people have low self-esteem. Before I used to think some people just were struggling to love themselves but turns out...there's a lot of haters out there! More than I thought, but after experiencing it myself, I can definitely see where the problem of low self-esteem has recently been stemming from.

Here's the example from my experiences in my personal life: Just a couple years ago, I posted an article on my own personal blog. Most of the comments and responses were spreading the message of positivity vibes as they should be, but some bitter user who was probably having a super bad day left his comment, maybe believing that he would leave a mark on my conscious. "This is retarded," he said, then proceeded to critique some parts of my post (I feel super bad typing out that R-word, but it's his quote, NOT mine.) First of all, how did this person except someone to take them seriously after using a slur like that? The fact that he was whole-heartedly and fully willing to use a word that puts down people who suffer from mental illnesses is outside my mental capacity.

But, that's not what my first thought happened to be on that day. I read those first three words of his long, hate-filled comment, and I didn't write for a month. And please believe me when I say I LOVE writing. Nonetheless, I felt like crying. Furthermore, I didn't know what to do! Also, my hands were shaking; my entire body was a blender turned on...I couldn't even respond. At that point, I did cry. How someone could be so mean as to say things like that were beyond me. I had to wipe tears off my keyboard that night, and it was one of the worst feelings in the world. Thankfully, I had my boyfriend and a few close friends to reassure me I was in the right, but what if I never returned to writing without them?

It's important to remember that words hurt. People don't think they do, but they do. However, there are so many people out there who are having bad days and who don't seem to care that they hurt. It's unpreventable.

So, here are some things you can do to say "to heck with the haters!" and make sure you're always feeling good about yourself!

1. Blocking:

Yes, free speech exists, but how you use it is very important as well. Using your free speech to try and bring down the work of others is NOT okay, and warrants blocking. What you call critique could really demotivate someone from their passion, so don't be surprised if you are blocked and reported...that's just how it's gonna have to be.

2. Surround yourself with positive people:

Get rid of that negativity, girls! Negative people will only add to the sadness caused by haters, assuming they aren't haters themselves...be sure to make sure the people in your life are positive and caring, and cut off the rest, only then can you beat hatred! Good vibes only!

3. Stay c alm:

Don't hate the haters...be calm about the haters. Only then will they realize that there hate isn't welcome here!

4. Love yourself:

The more you love yourself, the less hate will be able to seep into your life. Simple, huh?

So, that's what YOU can do. But, to all the people who ever thought they were doing a thing that was helpful by insulting another or tried to bring them down, I have one, simple question for you, ESPECIALLY the one who commented on my blog....who hurt you?

That's it. Michelle, out!

Related Articles Around the Web