To Every Big-Hearted Girl With A Broken Heart

A big heart is a beautiful heart, even when it's broken.

332
7 Themes

Dear big hearted girl,

It's the worst, isn't it?

Having such a big heart and having someone break it. It's like watching a super hero movie where the good guy just can't get it right. It's like watching someone tear your heart out and stomp on it for their own pleasure. It's terrible. You refuse to see the bad in people, even when you're watching it happen right before your eyes. You start to regret having a big heart, and start blaming yourself for letting someone in that close. You think "maybe if I didn't have such a big heart it wouldn't hurt so bad." Let me tell you something, that is not true. There is nothing wrong with you. Having a big heart is such a rare thing now a days, and if you have one you should embrace it. You should never hide your true feelings.

You are beautiful. In so many ways. Your heart fills so many people with happiness. When you smile even when you have tears in your eyes, just know that people do notice. Just because some boy didn't realize it, doesn't mean no one else does. God made you in a way that is different, in a way that is beyond beautiful and amazing. You're special, and your heart just further proves that.

You won't forget his name, your heart doesn't work that way. I know everyone keeps saying you will, but even you know it isn't true. Everyone you meet holds a special place in your heart. Though this is true, with time, you won't still feel an ache when you hear his name in passing. You'll simply smile and go your own way, knowing you're stronger now after the pain you've gone through.

God puts us through trials to pull us closer to Him. He breaks our hearts, in many different ways, so He can mend it back together. Just because you're going through a trial, doesn't mean it won't come to an end.
I know you're sick of hearing it, but you will find someone who loves you just as hard as you love them. You deserve that kind of love. Everyone deserves a love that makes them feel special, and one day, you will find someone who embraces your big heart. He'll remind you every day that he loves you for it, and that you're beautiful inside and out. You'll find a man who loves you, and he'll remind you, and show you, what true love really is. God has a man just for you, but the trial to find him may not be easy. Love is worth every second of waiting, never forget that. This boy who doesn't understand your worth will be nothing but a memory.

So, to the girl with a big and broken heart, please know you aren't alone. You're not in the wrong. You shouldn't blame yourself. Also, know you're beautiful. So so so beautiful that some boys can't handle it. The men who deserve you will love you even more for it. You're a rare and beautiful type of girl, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.