To Endless Memories, With More To Come

To Endless Memories, With More To Come

A thank you to my best friend-turned roommate, for unforgettable nights, snuggles, experiences and memories

1762
To Endless Memories, With More To Come
independent.co.uk

Who could have imagined after years of what is a lifelong friendship we would get to have the experience of excitedly screaming, "honey I'm home!" walking in through our door - quite literally every time as it never got old. The idea of moving in with your best friend is a bucket list item that, honestly, rarely comes true, but luckily for us, we get to check that right off the list. Hopefully, we'll even do it again. If we do it again, though, it will be in our luxury apartment, so get ready for that rent check!

While our whirlwind living experience is sadly coming to an end, I want to thank you. Here's why:

1. Thank you for believing in our friendship enough to feel comfortable, and want, to live just a wall away. Knowing you had the confidence in knowing we wouldn't kill each other, have hated each other by the end of this all, or that any of this would have taken a toll on our friendship is a blessing.

2. Thank you for realizing I had a shitty day and trying to do anything you could to make it better, or just tolerating my cranky butt and moods. Whether it was a hug, snuggle session, round of margaritas, food binge, venting session, or just a reality-show binge, you always knew just what to do. Thank you for being silly, there for me, and allowing me to be there for you, too.

3. Thank you for being down for, literally, whatever, whenever. From late night snacks, tanning in the park, jam sessions, gossiping, trips to the homeland (Long Island), dragging ourselves out to the bar, making new random friends, retelling the same stories over a thousand times, playing Jewish Geography, or shopping, I couldn't have asked for a better, instant partner-in-crime.

4. Thank you for dragging my tush out of the bar when it was time, and for not killing me when it was time to drag your tush out of there.

5. Thank you for bringing out the party in me. There's not one person I could have as much fun with, whether sober or drunk. Whenever we have a plan I know it will be filled with endless laughs, smiles, and a whole lot of love that I will, hopefully, remember for a long time. Sometimes a little trouble is involved, but nothing we can't handle. Ziggy's, Iggy's, Mel's, Penrose, Block Heads, Supply House, you name it, none of them will ever be the same. I'm so fortunate that our memories, whether big or small, have such an impact on my life and are memories I could, and do, talk about for ages to come.

6. Thank you for filling this home with endless laughs and love. Whether screaming and laughing on the top of our lungs, researching poison control the time you accidentally mistook my astringent for mouth-wash, or holding fashion shows for all of our, mostly yours if we're being honest, clothes, I couldn't have asked for a more lively home to come home to each and every day.

7. Thank you for being my little piece of home in this great big city. When I would get lost in the fast-paced craziness of it all, you were always there to keep my feet planted on the ground. Thank you for that, from the bottom of my heart.

8. Thank you for keeping it real and becoming far more than just my best friend, but my brother and other half. Thank you for keeping me on track, teaching me new things about life, letting me teach you about life, accepting and embracing the new people in my life, motivating me, annoying me, picking on me, and being my equal.

9. Thank you for the little things; like reminding me where my keys are, what I should wear to work or out that night, what I should eat for dinner because I could never decide, helping me wash dishes, listen to me rant about anything and everything, and lots of early morning and late night snuggles. I notice what you do for me, what you would do for me, and I truly couldn't be more appreciative of that.

10. Thank you for adulting with me. Being on our own is scary, accompanied with mistakes made along the way. Thank you for being an encouraging light and a sidekick to go through it all with. But, thanks for not being too adult with me and still being our crazy, silly, wild selves.

11. Thank you for being you. To all of the memories made, laughs shared, tears cried, hugs held tight, and love that is shared and will always be shared. Thank you for always unapologetically being you and being someone whom I can always admire and be endlessly proud of - for so many different reasons. Thank you for supporting me, loving me, and truly being my other half.

While our roommate experience has come to an end, I couldn't be more grateful for the memories we've created and this big step we've taken in our friendship. Growing up isn't easy, but it's been made that much easier knowing you're there each step of the way. I'd like to think I knew you like I knew myself prior to this experience, but having lived just a wall away, I know you better than myself, which is truly an honor. Thank you for accepting all of me, my habits, and now knowing me even better, too. Getting to call you my roommate was the experience of a lifetime and I can't wait to retell these memories when we're old and gray.

Until next time.

Love,

Your old roommate, best friend & other half