To All the Boys Who Will Break My Sister's Heart

Piece of Advice: Don't Break Her Heart
104

To All The Boys Who Will Break My Little Sister's Heart,

Let me just start by saying that you have lost a great person from your life and, as an older sister, it is now my duty to hate you, even if I once liked you. My little sister is one of the kindest, most honest, and most thoughtful people you will ever know. When she cares about someone she invests herself in them 150%, which is something I've always been a little jealous of. She will let you in her heart so easily and give you her trust immediately. She likes to think the best of everyone, which is something that I don't do. She doesn't know that the "boy next door" isn't always the best guy. She doesn't know that she won't be able to fix everyone that comes into her life as much as she wishes she could. My sister's the type of person that walks around trying to pick up everybody else's broken pieces, just wanting to put them back together.

There was a point in your relationship when she gave you the responsibility to be there for her every step she took. She wanted your support and love. She had pretty reasonable expectations if you ask me. She just needed you to be around. She knows what it's like to not feel wanted by people and I know that her needing you wasn't just about her. It was about you too. She didn't want you to feel neglected or left out. She wanted to need you and she wanted you to need her. She gave you everything, and then you left. Now she thinks she doesn't have anyone to pick up her broken pieces. Even though you left her, she's still going to want you there. Trust me, I know how it feels to be broken and then to only want the person that made the mess in the first place.

In the moment she felt like you had completely crushed her entire world, but let me tell you something, you didn't. You don't get to have the kind of control over her life. She'll be better than fine without you. She is fine without you. And she'll realize that pretty damn quickly when she looks back and realizes how badly you treated her. She will move on and she doesn't need you to be with her every step of the way because she's better than that. She'll learn that she doesn't need a guy to tell her she's beautiful every day because one day she will look in the mirror and be able to tell that to herself.

If you think about coming back to my sister, you better be on your knees begging for her forgiveness. Don't make it seem like what you did was her fault and don't make her feel guilty if she doesn't want to take you back. It's going to take time for her to heal and it's her decision to do it with or without you. Respect her decision. If she wants you gone forever, then leave. If she wants you to stick around, then you better stay. Don't you even think about leaving again if you decide you want her back, she doesn't deserve to have her heart broken again. She doesn't deserve to have her heart broken in general, but she definitely doesn't deserve to have her heart broken more than once by the same guy. Just know you'll have to prove yourself to her (and to me). Her heart is going to want to trust you again, but her head is going to be screaming "don't do it". Just let her do what she has to do to forgive you and move on from the past so you can move forward with the future.

You get ONE second chance and that's it so don't screw it up, or you'll deal with me and trust me you don't want that. If you don't want a second chance then don't pester my sister, don't talk to her, to try and get with her. Leave her alone because she doesn't need that in her life.

Sincerely the Angry Sister Who Wants to Punch You in the Face