Tissues, Tear Drops and a Stuffed Nose

Tissues, Tear Drops and a Stuffed Nose

Don't love her only to satisfy yourself.

37
Tissues, Tear Drops and a Stuffed Nose
Chinomso Ezeh

Tissues, tear drops and a stuffed nose.

Love is not for her;

Not unless it's more than remembering to care for her when it soothes you;

Not unless it's more than saying that you care for her when you’ve run out of excuses;

Not unless it's more than acting like you care for her when certain people are watching.

It is sad that you make love look so deceitful,

Because real love means truly caring for her, consistently providing reassurance of your care and letting your actions prove that you genuinely care.

Tissues, tear drops and a stuffed nose.

You make a mockery of love,

So true love remains a virtual reality for her.

It exists only in the abstract, in the depths of her imagination.

For as long as she features only partially in your reality.

For as long as she doesn't share in the fullness of your reality.

For as long as you choose to shut her out of most parts of your reality.

Tissues, tear drops and a stuffed nose.

Love remains confusing to her.

She’s hurt all over again, each time you prove her understanding of love to be wrong.

She’s hurt all over again, when she realizes that she misunderstood your intentions.

She’s hurt all over again, when loving you seems pointless and purposeless.

Love, whatever it truly is, taunts her.

There is no amusement in such disappointment.

Tissues, tear drops and a stuffed nose.

Like a mirage love appears, tempting her to reach out for better understanding and worthy experiences.

But as soon as she begins to believe in a better version of love, it disappears into thin air, leaving no trace of its previous existence.

Why won’t you let go?

Don't love her because you're incapable of loving yourself.

Don't love her if you'll never be ready to open up yourself to her.

Tissues, tear drops and a stuffed nose.

If love breeds such uncontrollable dissatisfaction, then she would rather have not part in it.

Love cannot be this loneliness.

Love does not ignore such loneliness.

Love cannot be the cause of this loneliness.

She’s strong enough to keep searching for the genuine love that she believes still exists.

She’s not strong enough to live without love.

Tissues, tear drops and a stuffed nose.

She can’t let go of you.

You should be love.

You should be more than you are in this moment.

She can’t settle for anything less than real love.

It’s not her weakness, it’s her humanity.