'Tis the Season...Cuffing Season

'Tis the Season...Cuffing Season

208
'Tis the Season...Cuffing Season
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/03/636453497402476473-487575133_couples%20in%20the%20snow.jpg

As the leaves begin to fall and Southern California is no longer riddled in degrees within the 90's, a colder season begins to approach the most individual of individuals: Cuffing Season. Defined in the Urban Dictionary as the Fall and Winter months where "people who would normally rather be single or promiscuous find themselves along with the rest of the world desiring to be 'Cuffed' or tied down by a serious relationship", Cuffing Season has wedged itself into the minds of young, the vulnerable, and the single.

University students are seemingly the target market for this (not so) Hallmark-holiday. They see their peers take the colder seasons as a cue to couple up. However, despite the pumpkin patch photographs, couple costumes, and Instagram opportunities, it's imperative that one takes into account, the individual desire for a relationship.

A relationship is inconvenient. It's difficult and consuming. But, it's worth the love and mutual respect you retain from your partner. You give yourself an opportunity to grow alongside your partner as you both continue through life and education. A relationship shouldn't be rushed into for public approval, otherwise, it's doomed to fail. As an individual looking for love, one must take into account that it isn't a checklist. It is an emotion, a fire, burning within you with passion for your partner.

So in this Cuffing Season, don't look for just any partner. Look for a significant other that makes you weak in the knees. Look for someone who's "I love you" is all you ever want to hear. Look for someone who is going to make time for you, despite a busy schedule. Look for someone you don't have to change yourself for.

Cuffing season may bring out the desire to be in Winter relationships. However, it's important to remember the amount of value you must place on yourself as an individual. Never settle for anyone who isn't willing to make you happy. And if this Cuffing Season is to be spent alone, that just means you have more holiday treats for yourself.