Tis' The Season To Be Giving

Tis' The Season To Be Giving

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year.

98
Tis' The Season To Be Giving
History.com

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

This is arguably the best time of the year; snow, family, holidays. Everything is so exciting and the month of December seems to make everyone a little happier. However, with all of this joy being spread, there is always the mass amounts of stress that come with it. Stressing about finals, relationships, making Christmas dinner, and much more.

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in everything going on in our lives that we forget that there are others who are struggling. So, now is the time to maybe give some different gifts this year.

If someone is looking to talk, please, please give them your full attention. Nothing is more meaningful than having someone who is actually listening to the words that you are saying. If you can not give them your attention at that point in time, try to make time to help them out. You never know how much someone can really need you.

If someone is needing advice, please try to remain unbiased. No matter how much the stuff they are saying can swing your opinion on a subject, please remember they felt comfortable enough to come to you. Do not make them regret that decision. Be honest but gentle, as some people's hearts are more fragile than others. The words you are saying can truly help them. You have the power to make a difference in someone's life; take that responsibility very seriously.

For some, the holiday season is very depressing. Some have lost their families or loved ones, and some fall depressed with the change of season to a harsh winter. Some people are alone and this season is going to be rough. If someone is alone, invite them to be with you. Having a support system during the holidays is something so precious. If you are able to provide that experience for someone, it can make their day just a little brighter.

I am someone who often seeks advice. So, I understand how hard it is to find a good shoulder to lean on. Lately, I have really decided to be the best friend that I could. I truly just listen and I always try to suggest different resolutions and we talk about them. The feeling that I made someone feel a little less stress is one of the most rewarding things in the entire world. I continue to try my hardest to be there for my friends and just listen. Often, I try to get them to crack a smile, just so they know everything is going to be alright.

Everyone in this world has the ability to make a change. As the saying goes, "If you ever think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a room with a mosquito." Everyone is born with the chance to love unconditionally. Channeling your passion to help others is the best gift of all. Sometimes, no matter what is going on in your own life, it can wait. Someone else may need your help and you are presented with the opportunity to do something about it. Even if you do not think you can help, at least be there to listen. You never know how much that can mean to someone.

So, this holiday season, amid the bottomless eggnog and the hour long lines at the mall, remember to smile at someone. Reach out to people you may have lost touch with. Make someone laugh. Love with your whole heart. Be there for those who are alone this season. Make it a holiday season with plenty of cheer.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.