Read If You Are Tired Of Being The Nice Girl

When You're Tired Of Being The Nice Girl

It's everyone's first adjective for you but you have the power of rewriting what that means.

91
https://www.flickr.com/photos/vonschnauzer/3672814850/in/photolist-6Ay8TY-5xMfmc-VUonGk-Vhcnpf-fyduvM-aqEpDb-6LLqBZ-nZKXjw-9poQaD-r3rRNU-X7ruJo-VUooct-ph74dF-5i11AS-oZqcW6-d9QSMP-hvd7uw-9XNgBv-bnKX4r-6kjHvV-sbqh8J-4HzZ9z-ghEmU8-fysKT5-esoxVd-bhukx-8jntJu-oX4PZ-9VLVyk-7N3U82-qThirv-ca3bHj-kyRq9p-XPAqNd-dfvGvt-fr6YbW-Yiwj-nCwfCS-2dPjnPt-dYDbbC-cvW2Wy-d9QTWA-oLtQHR-esovAw-5JtWKv-o4fDa8-9U9Wc2-e14Jyu-agvnR4-oLFMfq
Vincent

You are reliable, dependable, and, above all, nice. Girls believe that you're harmless and boys think that you are easy. Some days you take pride in the fact that you are that girl. The nice one. The one that is too polite to say no or too accommodating not to state your opinion. You were comfortable enough to be in this corner until one day you decided that you don't want this for yourself.

It's ok to not want to be the nice girl anymore.

It's a burden to carry this cross that you must be pleasant, courteous, and unyieldingly cheery. Everyone seems to expect it it seems like and it's ok for that veneer to come down. Your perception of what you feel like you need to be for others is up to no one to decide. If you cling onto the idea that you have to be a "nice person" so that others would stick by you, open your eyes. The people who have always been with you will continue to be with you even if you decide you do not want to be a nice person anymore.

But does being nice matter to you?

Deep down you are a kind, considerate, compassionate person. You deserve all of the love that the world has to offer, gorgeous girl. However, "nice" to you means that you are weak and spineless. You will cow down to whatever shit in life throws at you and people will come to expect that you will never stand up for yourself.

But you're wrong. So wrong.

Nice doesn't have to mean that you are weak. You are a strong woman broken down by weak-willed individuals. You can redefine being nice to mean so many things. But the last thing you are now is naive. Gone are the days where you were hopeful that the people around you are just as kind and sweet as you are. You are careful and cautious and less likely to be vulnerable again. You will lose a bit of yourself, my darling girl, but you will find a whole lot of who you are that is more than just nice. So chin up and keep on fighting the good fight.