Why You Should Be Excited For Sorority Recruitment

Some little tips that will make the week FAB!

27
Nathan Worden Photo

Happy Monday folks!

Spring recruitment is coming up and I'm so excited for this time to get closer to my sisters and meet some awesome humans! WOOHOO greek life is RAD!! I remember going through recruitment last year I was so nervous. Little freshmen Renee was so awkward. Looking back at all the interactions I had with everyone and just looking back at the week, in general, I definitely have some pointers that will make it a week you will never forget!

For starters get to know your Rho Gammas!

Not only do Rho Gammas know exactly what you are going through, but are also so happy to be there to help you. Don't be afraid to ask for advice and to get to know them! It's always so awesome to have some older friends that you can ask questions about classes and life to (even after recruitment!!). Rho Gammas are great mentors for people starting out their college career.

Take advantage of this time where you are in a group with a bunch of new faces and personalities.

I met amazing people from being in "Group 7" for recruitment. All of these girls are nervous just like you so share some smiles and you never know you might meet your next best friend! This also gives you a great opportunity to meet more people that will be in different sororities, or even meet girls that might be joining the same one as you.

When they say wear comfy shoes they mean it!

Don't be me and have bleeding heels after day one. Literally, wear comfortable shoes/comfortable clothes. When you are comfortable you are going to feel more confident!

Go in with an open mind.

Don't think that a sorority "is one type of woman". Take a minute to think about a huge group of people in a room together. In this giant group, you're going to have multiple different types of people, they will not all be the same. For example, you might have some super sporty gals, but then you'll have your girls that weren't gifted with graceful physical movements. You'll find girls with all different types of talent: whether they can juggle 5 oranges, can paint, can sing like no other, can eat a slice of pizza with one bite, can be a superstar dancer, can speak multiple languages, can create beautiful films, or can burp the ABCs. Literally, you'll find people that will inspire you in all different kinds of aspects.

Most importantly, be yourself.

I know you are trying to impress everyone, but they are trying to impress you too!

HAVE A GOOD ONE!
XX

RKH