Tips For The Parents Worried About The Grandkids And Grandma

7 Tips For Parents When The Grandkids Take Memaw On A Cruise

Don't worry, be happy!

190
Laken Pritchard

In just a little over a week, all eight of my cousins and my brother-in-law will be taking our Memaw on a cruise! For some of us, it's our first time going on a cruise, so it will be an adventure all by itself. However, for our poor parents, it will be the first time all of us are going out of the country WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

I know what you're thinking: Memaw is considered an adult, isn't she?

She definitely is, but even at 80 she is still rocking and partying with us grandkids like there's no tomorrow.

I already know my mom is a nervous wreck, as I'm sure all of my aunts are, and my dad and uncles just want everyone to come back in one piece. So, I compiled a list of tips for our parents--and any parents dealing with the same dilemma!

1. Remember, we're all together!

Laken Pritchard

No one is going to travel anywhere by themselves, and if one of us gets kidnapped? Well, good luck to whoever the kidnapper is.

2. The youngins' will NOT drink unless permitted.

Laken Pritchard

We know that this isn't the Beach Week or Pritchard Family Christmas, we'll be sure to be on our best behavior! (No one wants to get put in the cruise jail).

3. If you receive a text message or see us on the news, you'll know something is wrong.

scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net

While we can't text or call on the cruise (unless we pay), we'll be sure to contact you if ANYONE goes missing. Hopefully, our scenario of Hunter going missing doesn't come true, but if it does, we'll be sure to let you know!

4. If a real-life Titanic happens, we'll be sure to share the door will all 9 of us... unlike Rose.

Laken Pritchard

Although I've already been briefed that this is very unlikely to happen, I thought I'd let y'all know we are prepared.

5. The youngins' will share a room (pray it won't burn down).

Laken Pritchard

You should go ahead and be warned. Just pray. That's all that can be said.

6. If we get stranded, we have Larson to help us survive.

Laken Pritchard

As my mom has always said, "If the apocalypse happens, we want Larson in our bunker!" Well, we'll have Larson to help us, but it will probably be in a cave or a makeshift tipi.

7. This is your time to relax and enjoy not worrying about the kids!

Laken Pritchard

We're all together and we're all over the age of 20 (that's not saying much, I know), we'll take care of each other.

It will be a fun experience for everyone--a once-in-a-lifetime trip with Memaw.

We know we can be a wild bunch, but we promise to try and tone it down for the duration of the cruise. But, we can't make any promises for Memaw!