5 Tips For Surviving Midterms

5 Tips For Surviving Midterms

It's a struggle and you're going to make it!

6
https://www.pexels.com/photo/people-coffee-meeting-team-7096/

The leaves are changing color, the weather is starting to get cooler, and Midterms are approaching at light speed. Especially as a freshman in college, it can be daunting trying to juggle all the new clubs/organizations you joined, a job, your average day's homework, and preparing yourself for Midterms.

As a freshman in college, I can completely understand the stress and anxiety that surrounds your first Midterms as a college student. So, I've narrowed down all the advice I've gotten so far into 5 ultimate tips to help you survive your first college Midterm week!

1. Start studying NOW!

Even though it feels like Midterms are light years away, you should definitely start studying now. Take 30 minutes to an hour out of your day to review material from the beginning of the year, so you won't rush to cram half a semesters material in a few days before your Midterm.

2. Create a study schedule

Planning out when you're going to study is actually a really big motivator. Also, you won't be panicking a week from your Midterm trying to cram a couple hours of studying into your schedule.

3. Go to office hours

Now that you've already started studying for your midterm early, any questions you might have about a certain topic won't be super last minute. Professors are here to help you understand the material, so don't be afraid to stop by during their office hours for help.

4. Be realistic about study groups

Now, I'm not totally hating on study groups but let's be real — every study group I've been to hasn't ever studied. Some people do really well studying together and are actually focused, but most people get distracted pretty easily.

So, don't be afraid to turn down a study group offer when you know that it's going to be more of a waste of time than anything.

5. Don't stress yourself out

A little stress is good for everyone, but don't stress yourself out to the point of anxiety. Remember, it's just a Midterm and it's not the end of the world.