7 Tips for Surviving Midterms

7 Tips for Surviving Midterms

May the Curve be Ever in Your Favor

107
7 Tips for Surviving Midterms
Her Campus

It's mid-semester and midterms are in full swing. How in the world are you supposed to pass all of them and still be a functioning human being?

1. Organize yourself A clean work space really does wonders for productivity. And you can't get distracted by mess. But also organize your studying and PRIORITIZE!

2. Use a Pomodoro timer Basically it's a timer that tells you to work for 20-25 minutes then take a break for 5 minutes. Aft er 4 cycles, you get a 15 minute break. It really helps instead of studying for hours straight. Plus your brain needs a break from studying

3. GET SOME DAGGONE SLEEP Your brain needs sleep in order to remember and make connections. Pulling an all-nighter won't help you as much as you think. And you'll be tired for your exam and probably mess up.

4. Get a website blocker for your computer Personally, I use Focal Filter (it's free). Basically you just put in what sites distract you and how long you want them blocked for. It really forced you to be productive.

5. Eat a healthy diet Your sleep quality, mood, and everything have so much to do with how you're eating. Fruits and veggies, and more water than coffee will make the biggest difference.

6. Work out somehow You don't have to go for a run at the gym or even a Zumba class. Walk around the block a few times, or workout with a Zumba video from YouTube. It gets your blood moving, wakes you up, and you remember things better when you work out.

7. RELAX Say it with me: "This grade doesn't define me." One bad grade won't ruin your life. Learn from your mistakes. Don't use those same studying techniques. But don't ruminate on a bad grade, because you'll only get more stressed and do poorly on subsequent exams.