Tips Sticking To The New Year's Resolution Of A Healthier You

Eating healthy and developing a workout routine is not about losing weight, it is about eating foods that make you feel fresh, clean and energized and workout your body to make you stronger.

117
Pexels.com

Okay, everyone has the Resolution of losing weight, eating clean, cook at home more, developing a workout routine, etc. None of that is bad and I encourage you to do whatever it takes to be confident in your own skin. Below are some tips and guidelines that has aided me and made this road to a healthy lifestyle!

Diet

Develop meal plans, take the time to meal prep, and have a grocery list; That gives me the motivation to cook at home instead of eating out which usually leads to picking up something fast and unhealthy.

One of my favorite go-to meals that I have been loving lately is a healthier version of chicken salad.

Ingredients:
Shredded chicken
Plain Greek Yogurt
Sliced Celery
Cubed Apple slices
Chopped onion
Cranberries or Raisins or even both!
Cumin and grounded Ginger seasoning

Directions:
Saute' onions and celery with salt and pepper to taste. After both onions and celery are to the consistency you desire, add shredded chicken with a sprinkle of ginger and cumin seasoning and cook all ingredients.
In a separate bowl mix cubed apples, yogurt together, and cranberries. This is optional, but to add a sweet spark to it, you can add a squirt of your favorite dressing in with the apples and yogurt.
NOW, mix everything together and there is your delicious yet healthy meal!

Number one commandment: NEVER GO GROCERY SHOPPING WHILE HUNGRY. That is a common topic among a healthy lifestyle; I have experienced for myself to know it is true. When you go grocery shopping while hungry, your mind is going to dart to something fast and easy which most times are chips, comfort food, etc; basically, everything that defeats your eating clean goa

Philippians 4:13
"I can do all this through him who gives me strength."

Last but not least.. have fun!!

Go workout with a friend, boyfriend/girlfriend, family member, roommate, etc. Start a workout group or a group message and just give each other encourage and learn from each other when it gets hard! Have fun cooking at home and explore creative, colorful and delicious recipes!

I would love to everyone who reads this to comment, shoot me a message, or share this article because I am passionate about connecting with people and sending encouragement! Just always remember, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND YOU CAN DO THIS!!