Tips For Pimping-Out Your Fraternity Room

7137

When you move into a Fraternity, having a cool room is always a plus. So here are some good ideas if you are at a loss.

Don't be afraid to spend a little extra cash. After all, you'll be living in rooms similar in size for the next 4 years. It doesn’t seem like a big deal at first, but once you do it you will realize how much happier you are coming home to a sick room you built yourself.

First of all, you absolutely need a lofted bed. Wood and nails are not that expensive. You can make a great loft yourself with about $100 of materials. Just be careful to find a good blueprint plan from the internet so you do not end up like these guys.  It will open up your room so much, and to quote the video, “there will be so much room for activities!” 

Secondly, you need a good paint job to pimp out your room. It really kills the mood when a room looks like it is straight out of a mental hospital. Jazz it up a little. Hit up your local Wal-Mart or Home Depot, pick your favorite color and get creative! You will be surprised by things you can do with a bucket of paint, tape and some creativity. 

For instance, one item that sticks out the most to me is Chalkboard Paint. If you can’t already tell by the name this stuff is paint that turns your wall into a chalk board. With this item, you add a sort of Willy Wonka effect to your room that everyone will love, especially women. If you don’t have any game, at least your room will give you a good conversation starter. 

Thirdly, you should buy a pair of nice speakers and an amp. This one is a little more expensive, but worth it. Music is life, it’s fun, and it keeps you motivated. There is nothing like waking up in the morning to your favorite song to get your blood pumping, or dancing around in your room with your bros or girls after a party. If you have speakers, you will definitely want a good beer pong table. It's all ways fun to crank out some games of beer pong with the boys on a boring night or even on a party night. If you have speakers the beer pong table is perfect. You can throw your own room parties if you don’t mind waking up the next morning with a trashed room.  

This next one should go without saying, but you need to have some form of gaming system. Old or new doesn’t matter. N64 is preferred a lot of the time in Fraternity houses. There is nothing like getting good at Super Smash Bros. with your bros. The games can get really intense. So grab your families gaming system from home and bring it with you, you won’t regret it. That is, as long as you don’t break it. 

You need a mirror! The more the better! Mirrors open up the room and make it feel more spacious. They are assure that you aren’t going to class looking like Peter Pettigrew from Harry Potter. They also reflect light which makes your room more at ease. Everyone loves a well lit room. Something really nice to pimp out your room is a laser-light show. Especially if you have a lot of mirrors because the lights will bounce off the mirrors. Some can get expensive, but there are also cheap ones on Amazon that work well. 

If you ever need more ideas a good place to look for cool things is Spencer’s Gifts. They have tons of creative things in there. So, save up money and go all out on your room.