5 tips that will help with back to school stress
Education

Back To School Tips For The Anxious

1 week down 10 more to go…

63
Back To School Tips For The Anxious
Everypixel.com

It's that time of the year again, time to head out to Target and gift yourself a new planner, notebooks, binders, pens/pencils, maybe even some new folders because of course, you are going to need new folders. This is gonna be the year that you are going to have everything well organized and not just bunched up in the last chain of your backpack. Oh, that reminds me, maybe even get yourself a new backpack because why not, it's back to school season after all. And that is probably the most prepared and organized you will ever feel.

Apart from making an elaborate and unnecessary shopping list, let me give you some tips to not stress yourself this school year and make out safe in one piece.

1. Make the list (Maybe check it twice?) 

I don't really recommend having a planner if you never keep up with one, but I have found that just making a to-do list daily or at least weekly helps greatly with sorting what you want to do and how much time you have to get it done. Plus it helps you remember deadlines as well.

2. Plan your outfits 

I have found it quite effective to plan my outfits for the day the night before. Doing this takes the stress away from deciding what to wear in the morning and you can also sneak in an extra 5-10 minutes of sleep time after the alarm goes off. Deciding what to wear at night doesn't take that much time itself and just makes you feel more prepared.

3. Rewrite your notes 

Once in school and classes are all in session, take the time to rewrite your notes whether you had initially handwritten or typed them. This was you can really make sense of what materials were covered in class and clean up your notes because in class note taking can result in some fresh, undecipherable garbage.

4. Reward yourself 

While working on a long project or paper, break it down into smaller intervals. Whether it working on something for at least 10 minutes at a stretch, and when you have achieved the goal you can reward yourself.

Disclaimer: the reward can't be too intense (don't go buying yourself a new bag everytime you work for 5 continuous minutes), but just get yourselves a candy bar or ice-cream)

5. Just make a call 

Usually when I get stressed or overworked, I just call my mom and vent to her, maybe let out a hearty cry or just talk about dumb gossip, but either way, it really helps me calm down or at least distract from any imminent worry or stress that I might have. You can take this time to either call a parent or just friend and simply goof around with them as long as it helps you.

School is already immensely stressful with the heap of classes that we take and all the extra-curricular activities that we have to do. Amongst all this, if we just take the time to adhere to these tips, we can assure ourselves a minutely less stressful year ahead.