8 Tips For The Girl Who Feels As If She Does Not Have Friends

Here is a list of tips to find that "girl group" you have been searching for.

35
Photo by Duy Pham on Unsplash

1. You Are Not Alone

Truth is, there are a lot of people that feel the same way you do. There actually are kids who cry like you do because they too feel as if they do not have friends. You are not alone.

2. Turn To What Interests You

If you want to get out and make friends, they may be waiting at your next involvement fair. Go out to places that you love, that make you happy. Join a club, get involved, do what YOU love.

3. Search For A Deeper Connection

Go out and support your community for something you believe in. Do not lay in your bed all day waiting for that opportunity to come to you. If you believe that rape is not the victim's fault, go to an event that supports your belief, you might just find your best friend there.

4. Give A Compliment

Some of the greatest friendships can start with, "I love your outfit." Put yourself out there, go the extra mile. There is power in kindness.

5. Put Yourself Out There

Reach out to acquaintances and hang out with them! Do not rely on your fear that they may, or may not, connect with you. You may connect with people you would have never thought possible.

6. Be Open-Minded

When you contact someone new, be open to new ideas. Do not shut an idea down because it does not appeal to past you, new you might actually enjoy the idea.

7. Make The Effort To Stay In Touch

If you have not heard from them in a while, reach out to them. Check on them. Make sure everything is okay and invite them to go out somewhere. Keep in mind every friendship is different. You will bump heads every now and again but every friendship does.

8. Be Yourself

Do not go into a friendship pretending to be someone you are not. If you do not drink or smoke, do not act as you do. If you genuinely do not want to be around those substances, express that. They might actually be okay with not doing it around you. Stick to how you are and be genuine.

Related Articles Around the Web