Tinder is not ideal to meet someone.

I'm Just Not One To Swipe Right When It Comes To Meeting Someone

I am old fashioned when it comes to meeting someone new.

78
Megan Martin

I'm in a place in my life where it's hard to meet someone. I moved to a new place, am about to take online classes and working 40 hours and looking for another part-time gig.

Due to being in a new area, I'm still meeting new people. So, I am not going out. Plus, with taking online classes, there's no way to actually meet someone either.

How else am I suppose to meet someone? I don't want to resort to a dating app at this point in my life.

When my roommate and I went down to Vegas, we both downloaded Tinder for the first time to hopefully meet some people to have an even better time in the Sin City.

Needless to say, I didn't open it once.

My roommate did, however, we never went through meeting up with anyone, we just got some ideas on must-see places and things to do.

I had Tinder downloaded on my phone for two months. All I ever did was swipe left or right occasionally. I matched with a few strangers. I never messaged them.

But once someone messaged me, it made me feel weird.

One guy asked if I wanted to go to a party with him. I didn't see it right away, but I would've said "no" because again, I am in a new area, barely know anyone so the last thing I would've done was go to a party with complete strangers.

Another interaction with a stranger was that he messaged me with the two heart-eye emojis. It made me feel weird because it was a complete stranger who I didn't know anything about, and he didn't know anything about me, yet he messaged me two emojis based on the pictures I uploaded for my profile.

After debating whether or not I would ever take Tinder seriously, I thought against it, and I didn't hesitate to delete the app entirely.

When Tinder first came to be, I was hesitant and had negative thoughts about it, thinking it was for hookups.

Now, there are couples who have met through the app and are still together, even people I know.

All I know is that is isn't for me.

For me to meet someone, it will either be through mutual friends, a blind date or by chance. Either way, it will happen when it's meant to be. But for now, I will continue to focus on bettering myself and finishing up school.