8 People Shared Their Tinder Horror Stories

8 People Shared Their Tinder Horror Stories, And I'm Reconsidering Being On The App

"Turns out, he just had a tickle fetish..."

2154
YouTube

Virtually every college student is well aware of Tinder, the notorious dating app. While Tinder is a dating app in itself, it is often used for hookups, and its either a hit or miss for college students.

I recently reached out on my own personal social media networks and prompted followers and friends to share with me their Tinder horror stories, and they definitely rose to the occasion. While I received more than eight submissions, here are comprehensively the eight horror stories that made me reconsider ever downloading the app:

1. Taylor, Nebraska

"I once trolled people on Tinder as Lizzo; I went really hardcore with it and even printed a picture of her face and tried to go through the verification process. Ultimately I was banned, but I regret nothing — plus I got over 99 likes in a day so..."

2. Moe, Springfield

"A boy on tinder put on a blonde shoulder-length wig and wrote to me that it stays on during sex. To this day, I have his profile saved in my meme folder."

3. Jass, West Chester

"I accidentally called a girl fat, she blocked me."

4. Anika, Oxford

"I was talking to a boy and we really hit it off. While we were talking, he mentioned he could never get me pregnant as he was not interested in sex. I figured he might be asexual, which is totally fine! But turns out, he just had a tickle fetish..."

5. Adaline, Cincinnati*

"I met up with this boy to you know, do the deed, and while he was putting on the condom, he came. Right then and there, we never even hooked up. It was the most awkward moment and we never spoke again."

6. Savannah, Arizona*

I used Tinder passport to find matches in Italy since my family is from there and the men are exquisite, only to match with a cute boy and send him steamy pictures to find out we are second cousins. I will never be the same."

7. Analiese, Oxford*

"I would match with multiple accounts that would end up sending me the same longwinded message asking me to step on their balls. After getting tired, I finally asked why he kept matching with me on multiple accounts for me to ghost him, and his response was 'persistence is key.'"

8. Rick, Ohio*

"I ended up going home with one of my Tinder matches after meeting up with her randomly. When I went to her house, it looked oddly familiar, but I didn't question it. She told me to relax and that she'd make me a drink. While she went to the kitchen I noticed an open door. I looked inside and there was a huge camera set up. I was curious and didn't think much of it. That was until she came back and asked me how old I was. I told her I was 18, and she asked if I wanted to help make a video with her. I figured why not, just then a man with a camera and another woman come down the steps — suddenly it clicked. I was at a porno set and I recognized the room because I had watched a video she was in two weeks ago. Long story short, I ended up leaving by jumping out the window."

Note that names marked with an asterisk (*) have been changed for anonymity.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.