It's Time To Let Go

It's Time To Let Go

It's not you, it's me.

52
@aerie/Instagram

Sometimes the people you love most in this world are the people you need to let go of. Sometimes, it's not just relationships that are toxic, sometimes it's family and friends you've known for years. Sometimes, you need to let people go in order for you to grow and be happy. Will it hurt? Heck yeah, it will but you'll thank yourself in the long run.

The last person I ever would have thought would hurt me, ended up being in my family.

My dad never really cared about me or my well being. He was never there for me, and I hated him and myself for that. I thought that maybe it was my fault that he didn't want to be there for me or maybe there was something wrong with me. Later in life, I found out that a lot of people feel this way. I had to learn the hard way that in order for me to be happy, I needed to let go of wanting a father in my life. If you've ever experienced a toxic relationship, friendship, etc., you probably tried to fill that void with other things in your life. Nothing ever really helps. Eventually, you'll spiral out of control and be stranded in the middle of the ocean.

While it does hurt to let them go, it's what you need.

Letting someone go is possibly the hardest thing you can do, and I know that. However, you need to understand that you won't be happy until you do it. You will feel held down or held back because you are holding onto feelings/someone who frankly doesn't care. These things happen to everyone, whether it's from broken relationships, abandoned family drama, or toxic friendships. You need to know that you're not alone in the world of hurt that you're in! You will be okay, and you are not permanently damaged by this.