Time: This Or That?

Time: This Or That?

Quatrain reflections on the essence of 'Time'

17
Time: This Or That?

Time is something we all have a certain opinion about. Time means differently for all of us. Well, this article poem is inspired from the Fall-back time change we just had. While some complain and want to end it, some embrace this change very happily every Fall. I personally enjoy the extra hour I have to myself after work every night! All these silly arguments about Time every year seem to be incessant – I thought I would write something that really penetrates deep into asking us the very essence and nature of time. What is Time? Is it material or immaterial? Read on and figure out for yourself:

Time slips like sand when you are otherwise engrossed,
Time stands still when you are in love.
Time mocks your unwise decisions, and
Time heals those very afflictions.
Time is the villain of the procrastinator,
Time is the friend of the primed.
Time is the question we ask each other,
Time is the answer to some of those prayers.

Time is the seed of existence,
Time is an illusion of manifestation.
Time is the inception of creation,
Time is the basis of annihilation.

Time is an endless abyss,
Time is the reference you and I see.
Time is the potency of the mighty,
Time is the doom of the beastly.

Time is enormous and lengthy, but
Time is also precious and abrupt.
Time can endure for centuries, but
Time can also cease in a flash.

Time is this and time is that, and yet,
Time is neither this, nor that.
Time is God and God is time, for
Time is through that power, and
Time can be nothing else.

You and I may have different conclusions, but we all acknowledge that Time, this transcendental ‘thing’ we call Time is infinite, infinite, and vastly infinite – just like my hazy mind running through million obscure ideas concurrently.